PDA

View Full Version : Sailor, Aurora, Montblanc, Edison Hakumin Urushi, Nakaya

Laura N
October 23rd, 2018, 02:11 PM
I've got some funds to raise, so I'm going to be putting up some beautiful pens, including a few rare or hard-to-find ones.

First this lot. The Montblanc's nib and piston were checked at the Boutique where I bought it, but this pen is otherwise unused. All other pens are in excellent used condition, which means there may be small marks from careful use, but I can't see any large scratches or gouges or anything concerning. All of them write and work perfectly. I will ship insured to the US, which will cost an extra $12 for any of the first three pens, and an extra $18 for any of the latter three pens.

Feel free to email or DM me with questions or to purchase, but email is preferred.

Left to right:

Sailor Rare 1911S Imperial for Levenger with 14k medium emperor nib. Material has beautiful chatoyance. This is doubly rare: it's one of 300 numbered pens and comes with the original specialty nib, which Sailor stopped making more than a year ago. Sailor sections can be swapped in and out of compatible pens. This comes with converter, no box. Price: $450.

Aurora Optima Burgundy Auroloide with old-style cap band, 14k medium nib, and box. Price $325.

Aurora Optima Blue Auroloide with chrome trim and new-style cap band, 14k fine nib, and box. Price $350.

Montblanc 90th Anniversary LeGrand with rose-gold extra-fine nib, and 90th Anniversary box. Still stickered EF. Price: $675.

Hakumin Urushi Edison Mina, in a Ki-Tamenuri finish, by Ernest Shin, with a 14k gold nib custom ground by Mike Masuyama to write like a Sailor fine. Another rare pen. This beautiful finish is a warm yellow under a brown outer coating. It's very subtle, with the undercoat showing through mostly at the edges and on the section and threads. For those unfamiliar with Ernest Shin, he makes his urushi pens individually, using traditional techniques, and with great care and painstaking attention to detail. I ordered this pen in 2012 at which time the wait was over six months; now you'd wait as long as two years for one of his creations. Comes with converter and box. SOLD.

Nakaya Naka-ai, with clip in Unpolished Shu, with a pink gold nib size BB modified by John Mottishaw at Classic Fountain Pens to add flex and a cursive italic/stub grind. This very juicy writer is a dream to use and adds a lot of flourish to your writing. Comes with box, kimono and converter. SOLD.

Empty_of_Clouds
October 24th, 2018, 03:08 AM
That Nakaya looks very tempting, [edit] though I'll have to wait for the show next year as I see it's sold.

whichwatch
October 25th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Great looking pens! That Hakumin sure has my eye!