PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Safari Special Edition: Wyiława Szymborska

ethernautrix
November 7th, 2018, 09:21 AM
I just bought another Lamy (I've bought Safaris and Vistas which I no longer have, and a Joy, which I still have), because they got me with a Special Edition - w Polsce: honoring Nobel Prize winner in Literature (1996), Wisława Szymborska
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisława_Szymborska).

Here's the astonishing news for those who know my nib preferences (the whole range from UEF to F), I bought it with a Medium nib.

ethernautrix
November 7th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Huh. Can't edit the thread title? Argh, posting from little phone!

Anyway... look at this fun!

ETA2: Fixed the title typo. Sigh.

pajaro
November 7th, 2018, 07:57 PM
I see that there's some fun in that. It's a special pen, though. Nonetheless, you have given me an idea for playing with my Safaris.

Chrissy
November 8th, 2018, 12:06 AM
I like the black and white fun, and prefer your shiny black Safari to the matt black version. :)

Jon Szanto
November 8th, 2018, 12:33 AM
I love that, because I love her poetry. Am I to assume these pens are only available in Poland? Or the European market?

aquafox
November 8th, 2018, 02:29 AM
Huh, Lamy is shelling out special edition after special edition!

In a way, I am pleased: it means their product is sought after, and that the Safari has manged to attest itself as the fountain pen: on the other hand, I'm afraid they'll go downhill with quality to keep up demand. Remember when Lamy cut the supply of EF nibs to the western market to focus on its Asian exports?

Lamy has already terrible wide nibs... They should really improve that. I have seen people nodding their Lamy with Chinese clones, and man were those nibs superior to the originals!!

Chrissy
November 8th, 2018, 04:02 AM
I have to admit that my B nib writes like a hosepipe regardless of which pen I swap it into...:(

ethernautrix
November 8th, 2018, 06:29 AM
I love that, because I love her poetry. Am I to assume these pens are only available in Poland? Or the European market?

Nie wiem, Jon. (I don't know.) But if you want one, they're available in black or white with F or M nib and the usual minimal box with a special white sleeve depicting its special edition status. Price is 98 zł. Postage from here to where you are is way more reasonable than from there to here, probably not more than 10zł in a padded envelope. I'm just sayin'... If you want one, it could be arranged.

Chrissy
November 8th, 2018, 07:54 AM
I want one. :)

FredRydr
November 8th, 2018, 08:39 AM
I bet it's less expensive than an MBWE.

Jon Szanto
November 8th, 2018, 10:28 AM
I'm just sayin'... If you want one, it could be arranged.

You're sweet. I'll be in touch, either way.

pajaro
November 8th, 2018, 01:53 PM
These pens are 75 0r 80 euros on Martini Auctions.

ethernautrix
November 8th, 2018, 02:41 PM

Really? That is much more than twice what I paid in a store at a mall in Wrocław. 80 euro is roughly 240 zł.

Chrissy
November 9th, 2018, 12:19 AM
I bet it's less expensive than an MBWE.
Considerably I would hope. :)

Chrissy
November 9th, 2018, 12:20 AM

Really? That is much more than twice what I paid in a store at a mall in Wrocław. 80 euro is roughly 240 zł.

The fact that Martini Auctions charges so much doesn't really surprise me. :(