PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Los Angeles,CA!!!

Themagicalfruit
November 12th, 2018, 05:30 PM
my name is Francis, im from california.
im 22, fairly young to get into the wave of pens but i inherited my grandfathers collection and fell in love with them.
im here to learn to take care of the ones i love, and try to sell off the ones i dont to buy more haha
if anyone has any questions or is from my area, dont be shy and say hello! show me around the page of fpgeeks!

azkid
November 12th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard! Would love to hear / see more of your collection.

Chrissy
November 12th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Hello and welcome to FPG. :welcome:

Marsilius
November 12th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Welcome. Consider a visit to the Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia! Fred Krinke has been selling and serving pens for many many years.

Wahl
November 13th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Hi Francis :welcome:

Anne
November 14th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Welcome:)

jar
November 14th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Stay safe.

calamus
November 16th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Howdy Howdy! I lived in the LA area for about 20 years, and still miss it a lot. I'm now up in Baja Oregon (Northern California, actually, about 300 miles north of SF), where you have to wear a jacket when you go to the beach. In August.
Still bleed Dodger Blue.
I'd love to see some photos of your pen collection. You can post your photos on Imgur for free and hotlink to them; it's a quick and easy way to put up pictures. Or you can use the "advanced" posting function to add attachments. It's a little trickier, but not that hard to figure out.
There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum who can tell you a lot about probably every pen you inherited. You're also likely to find people who will lust mightily after some of your more collectible pens.

Marsilius
November 16th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention, that if you want to geek out local style, check out the Southern California
Pen Collectors Club:
https://socalpenclub.com
I am a member but have only managed to get to one meeting.

Chemyst
November 22nd, 2018, 12:47 AM
Snowy greetings from Massachusetts!