PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc 224 parts

Sagebrush64
November 13th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Howdy all, I'm wondering if anyone here knows if Montblanc still sells parts for the 70's MB 225. I'm in need of the clutch ring and clear ring that can be seen as missing in this pic. If not, is there anyone who might have these parts? I've tried pentooling with no luck.

TIA,

James

pajaro
November 14th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Montblanc doesn't sell parts. They want you to send your pen in for service. This gets a bit expensive. I have paid $80 to get a MB 144 serviced. The 144 is a small C/C pen. Sometimes Montblanc parts can be found on ebay. Some sellers take pens apart and sell the parts individually, as the return is higher. This is hit or miss, and you might find what you are looking for if you search on ebay frequently.

azkid
November 14th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Keep an eye on eBay for sure. Parts pens or just standalone parts. Hopefully you will get lucky. I will keep an eye out too (I have two 221s... so far)

KBeezie
November 14th, 2018, 08:10 PM
PS: You should be able to use the same plastic ring and metal part from a 220 with the 225. I have a 225, and the two parts (plastic collar, and the metal ring that sits down on top of it's grooves) would be the same you can use from the 220. Though mine does have some cracks thru it, but it's still usable and glad for that lol. Do wish I could find the rear splat emblem for the bottom of my 225, but it's not as important as the part you're seeking.

You can also use the same clutch ring from a 120, 121, 221, and 320.

I agree with others that you may need to seek a "for parts/repair" pen on ebay as being one good option, but the cost can be greater than servicing depending on the model, so of the list above go for the most common and cheapest pen with a compatible clutch ring.