PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Pilot Custom Heritage 74 XF Mark Bacas Grind

Stylo
November 13th, 2018, 06:16 PM
For sale here is a gently-used Pilot Custom Heritage 74 with clear body and comes with a custom grind from Mark Bacas. Nib was originally a medium-fine, and it custom ground to an extra fine. With such a fine nib, the pen requires a light touch, but the ink flow is fairly generous.

Pen will come shipped with original box, documentation, along with the CON-70 converter.

I'm asking for $90 obo, paid by PayPal. Price includes PayPal fees. Buyer pays for shipping method of choice.

Thank you.

Stylo
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Bump. Open to reasonable offers. Thank you.

Pranav_Gupta
December 7th, 2018, 07:47 PM
How would this compare to a pilot metropolitan fine? Or the stock custom 74 EF?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stylo
December 8th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Hi there. It’s finer than those two nibs. The line width on this is about 0.3mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pranav_Gupta
December 9th, 2018, 07:24 AM
Does it write smoothly? Or does it have feedback? When it was ground was it ground for a righty or a lefty?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stylo
December 9th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Hi thank you for your question. Attached is a photo to give a sense of how the Pilot Custom 74 nib compares to a stock Pilot Metropolitan fine nib. Though different inks were used, I think it still shows that the 74 is finer by comparison.

The Custom 74 writes with feedback, though nothing I find annoying. It only requires a light touch to write. I’ve written with this on Rhodia or Tomoe River, no paper snagging, but there is feedback by way of feel and sound, nothing that fights against you, just the abiding reminder that you are writing with a fairly fine nib.

Lastly if I remember correctly I don’t think I had this adjusted specially left- vs right-handedness. (I’m right-handed.)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181209/16744180de477ed6ee0d1f41fd2febe9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stylo
December 9th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Thank you for the interest. Decided to keep this one. So closing this thread.