PDA

View Full Version : Ink bottles

subramaniyam
May 20th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Hello all,

I have a stash of glass ink bottles (25 bottles) which I would like to sell. They have a classic shape, which gives them a period look, and you could also create your own ink 'blends' and store them in these. The bottles have a double base, which enables them to be tilted and used, in case you have a low amount of ink. They feature a steel cap, which fits quite tight, but I dont think they are 100% leak proof when turned upside down (a solution could be using some cling wrap and giving a better seal, but thats just my opinion). Overall, the bottles are quite nice, and will be a great addition to any avid fountain pen user. The bottles hold around 50-60 ml of ink.

I am asking for 3$ per bottle (I am open to offers, though). Shipping will have to be borne by the buyer, so I will first confirm with the Indian postal department regarding the rates and options and only then proceed with any order. Since this is my first classifieds, please do let me know if you need any further clarifications, or if I need to provide any further information. I am also not too familiar with the usual payment modes; I am working on it. So please bear with me. :-)

And now, some pics for your perusal. And no- the pens in the pic are NFS :-)

Regards,
Subramaniyam

mhguda
May 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Subramaniyam,
Those bottles look like small versions of the one I buy my cartridges in (two sizes, big and small), I've got three or so. Great for ink mixing, as you say, or for keeping water for dipping the pen in to help it start. The only difference is mine have plastic caps and so are really water tight. My small ones hold at least 150 ml though, so yours must be tiny.
Good luck moving them. What ink comes in those?

subramaniyam
May 20th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Oh sorry, I got these bottles from a friend. These are not bottles for standard ink manufacturers. A friend of mine gave me these because he bought them to store oils or something something in the lab (Biochem :-))
The ink in the bottle is Parker Quink. As far as the size goes, it is the size of the Quink bottle (50 ml). And regarding water tightness- the bottles are quite water tight when slanted. But when turned upside down for a period of time, there seems to be some ink creep on the threads. This may be because there is no foam pad under the cap. :-)

Regards,
Subramaniyam