PDA

View Full Version : Help! was given an Omas - no idea where to go...

theweezy
November 15th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Howdy - new member - and not sure what to do / where to look at what kind of pen I have.
i'm attaching a picture;

The Box says 8301F; not sure if that's a model # , etc.

Says 750 and 18k on the nib. Solid black; no etchings or patterns.

where do i start?!43473

ChrisC
November 15th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Looks like a classic, old style Omas Paragon, large size (#6 nib, like a Montblanc 146 or Pelikan M800).

A quick eBay seatch of "sold listings" for "Omas Paragon" should get you can approximate value.

Fantastic pen. If it doesn't fill correctly, like a stiff piston, I highly recommend Francis Goosens in Belgium to service it. Very reasonable prices and among the best work in the world.

theweezy
November 15th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Thanks ChrisC!!!

It's literally brand new - has never been used. I've got original box, etc. If i'm not planning on keeping it; is ebay the best way to sell? sell on here to real enthusiasts, etc?

Elim
November 15th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Yep Omas Paragon. probably worth 200 or so +/- if memory serves. Superb pen.

penstaking
November 16th, 2018, 11:55 AM
You were given one of the great products of the penmaking art, a Paragon that is priceless (especially now that OMAS is no more.) But you do not want to keep the pen? Best of luck to you!

titrisol
November 16th, 2018, 02:44 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!
BUY SOME INK AND BEGIN WRITING!

KBeezie
November 17th, 2018, 10:00 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!
BUY SOME INK AND BEGIN WRITING!

Yep, only way to know if it's functional :P (though if it was never used after 20-30 years, the piston heads might need to be greased if the piston knob is very firm or rigid.)

Chrissy
November 18th, 2018, 12:34 AM
@theweezy Hello and welcome to FPG. :welcome:

if you have decided that you are going to sell the pen then ebay is probably the best place to go. :)