PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime ink review: Diamine Calligraphy Passion ink

Voiren
November 18th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Lunchtime ink reviews! I'm taking one ink to work each day and doing one of these during my lunch. (This is from earlier in the week).

Diamine Calligraphy Passion ink, dip test with TWSBI Eco 1.1mm stub, on Rhodia dotpad.

This one photographs a bit more neon than it actually is - it is neon, just not with quite such a bright yellow in it. This is a rather gloriously impractical ink, more suited for big headings and bright annotations than writing at length with. It is readable at a small size, but you wouldn't want to do so for too long. It is a little dryish, or less lubricated. Art-wise, I think it would combine well with darker greens.

grainweevil
November 21st, 2018, 04:23 AM
This ink came as news to me - had my head in a bucket in all likelihood - so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Can't say I exactly like it, but it appears to be a lot more legible than I would have expected. Curious choice of name, but ink makers move in mysterious ways their wonders to christen. :D

Chrissy
November 21st, 2018, 06:01 AM
This ink came as news to me - had my head in a bucket in all likelihood - so thank you for bringing it to my attention. Can't say I exactly like it, but it appears to be a lot more legible than I would have expected. Curious choice of name, but ink makers move in mysterious ways their wonders to christen. :D
I can confirm that Diamine did not choose the name. The German buyer requested the name. I asked about it when I wrote my review, and this is what I was advised at that time.

(The fact that my review passed by almost everyone on FPG unnoticed, has suggested to me that maybe I'm just completely wasting my time posting any of my ink reviews on here, but that's a different subject for a different day)

grainweevil
November 21st, 2018, 07:36 AM
I dug deeper after posting and discovered it was a German exclusive, so yes, apologies to Diamine. Crazy ink sellers naming habits.

As to your reviews, Chrissy, they're excellent and we would be much the poorer without them. Please keep posting! I may well have missed yours simply because I have effectively had my head in a bucket as far as FPs go until just a few weeks ago. Been a rough few months in real life. :(

migo984
November 21st, 2018, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the review, and the others you’ve posted. I’m enjoying your photos.
I have this ink and really like using it in my commonplace book, for titles, headings/sub-headings and borders.

Voiren
November 21st, 2018, 03:10 PM
I think this one got overshadowed by Skull & Roses, which was everywhere!

Chrissy
November 21st, 2018, 03:59 PM
I dug deeper after posting and discovered it was a German exclusive, so yes, apologies to Diamine. Crazy ink sellers naming habits.

Been a rough few months in real life. :(
Sorry to hear that. :( Hope things are improving now. :)

amk
November 23rd, 2018, 01:34 AM
I've only just found this review. I adore your little ferns and leaves in the photo! This is a glorious colour.

As for its not being very practical; if I was *that* practical I wouldn't be writing with fountain pens :-)