PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime ink review: Diamine Golden Brown

Voiren
November 21st, 2018, 05:05 PM
Lunchtime ink reviews! I'm taking one ink to work each day and doing one of these during my lunch. (This is from earlier in the week).

Diamine Golden Brown, dip test with TWSBI Eco 1.1mm stub, on Rhodia dotpad.

As mentioned, this is a dryish colour. It doesn't cling to the nib much, which is why my dip ran out towards the end! (Also, the lighting at work seemed even worse today, so getting this in a viewable state was tricky!) I like the warm yellow and the shading you get with this colour.

However, this next pen is the reason I love this colour. (This pic in daylight earlier in the year).

It is an unnamed oxidised BHR with a stub nib with very worn down tipping. It burps, and with this colour it will write from dark to light and back again without me doing anything else. It suits it down to the ground.

I like it on Muji recycled paper as well, which is a cream colour.

grainweevil
November 22nd, 2018, 01:42 AM
Do love a vintage stub. Although I'm never quite sure if they're meant as stubs, or just old style broads when big blobs of tipping weren't a thing. Ink looks good too, but Must Resist. :ph34r:

Chrissy
March 5th, 2019, 12:21 AM
It looks like two different colours with these two pens.

Voiren
March 5th, 2019, 02:21 AM
It looks like two different colours with these two pens.

I'll need to try it in a wet but normally writing pen and see what happens there!

TSherbs
March 5th, 2019, 04:18 AM
I like this ink a lot.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk