PDA

View Full Version : new LAMY inks

inklord
November 23rd, 2018, 10:55 AM
... any thoughts on the 10 new LAMY inks (likely retail will begin in December)? I'm already quite taken with the "Agate" (light grey), "Benitoite" (a greyish blue, water-resistant/permanent) and "Azurite" (a royal blue with green sheen where it pools). LAMY seems to follow Pelikan's and Pilot's lead by adding a premium line of inks to their more standard line-up - aptly naming these inks the "crystal" series (Pelikan's "Edelstein" means 'gemstone' - obviously we Germans have a hard time to come up with other than blah names for inks...)

KrazyIvan
November 23rd, 2018, 10:59 AM
I'm thinking it better not be a marketing stunt that is just renaming their existing ink lineup.

migo984
November 23rd, 2018, 11:12 AM
The ink is on sale already here (EU). I really like Topaz and Azurite. The turquoise is quite generic and very similar to existing Lamy Pacific/Turquoise.
The pink (Rhodonite) apparently has shimmer particles (ugh, shame).

grainweevil
November 23rd, 2018, 12:15 PM
I gather the Rhodonite is suspiciously similar to Vibrant Pink. The cynic might assume they have a lot sloshing about unsold...

My feeling is this seems to be a cashing-in exercise on the "must have the latest, more expensive thing" ink market. I'm not in that target demographic.

migo984
November 23rd, 2018, 12:21 PM
I’ll buy one or two bottles.

thebenedictine
November 23rd, 2018, 02:23 PM
These will probably take forever to become available in Australia. The permanent grey-blue has my interest piqued though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inklord
November 23rd, 2018, 04:23 PM
... also: no more ink wipes in the bottle base, and apparently no "final drop reservoir" either...

inklord
November 23rd, 2018, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking it better not be a marketing stunt that is just renaming their existing ink lineup.

... as with the turquoise/pacific blue and the sailor lineup... yeah, it better not, but these look pretty unique for LAMY. For example, they never had a grey, a ruby red or a brown in their line of standard inks, and the "Azurite" swabs look as if they will finally have a saturated blue rather than teir anaemic standard blue of which I have by now about 25 "free with pen" cartridges floating around.