PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Lamy 2000 Medium Nib

Sagebrush64
December 2nd, 2018, 01:52 PM
I bought this guy last month and immediately after filling and testing it I realized I made a mistake. I'm more of a Fine or Extra Fine guy when it comes to workhorse pens. So I wrote about a pages worth, emptied it, cleaned it thoroughly and put it back in the box. I don't want it sitting around so I'm passing it on.

The pen was bought new and I'm considering it "essentially new". Absolutely no issues at all. Nib is very smooth!

I'm always looking for interesting pens. Japanese, German, English, American, vintage and modern. If you have something to trade then by all means make an offer.

I'm asking $105 plus $5.00 to help with PayPal and shipping fees.

CONUS only please.

Thanks for looking!

jodylud
December 3rd, 2018, 06:40 AM
If you have the resources, see if you can have the M nib ground to a cursive italic. This is an elegant pen and a CI grind makes virtually any handwriting look fabulous.

Sagebrush64
December 4th, 2018, 12:56 AM
Hhhhmmm.....I never thought about that. I've since bought another with a EF nib....I'll look into that though if this one does not sell. Thanks!

Sagebrush64
December 5th, 2018, 01:29 PM
bump

KBeezie
December 5th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Hhhhmmm.....I never thought about that. I've since bought another with a EF nib....I'll look into that though if this one does not sell. Thanks!

Agreeing with Jodylud, with just the right cursive italic grind (so that your cross strokes are closer to that of a EF if not thinner) , it'll oddly be thinner going across than the EF nib on the 2000 (least the EF I have, has an odd architect effect where it's an EF going down but it's closer to a Fine going across). Plus with the hooding it could be a nice wet writer for shading/shimmery/sheen inks, on top of the variations of a cursive italic.

If I wasn't tight on money til the coming paychecks I'd grab it just so I could have an easy medium besides my M640 to carry about.

Kulprit
December 6th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Argh! I can’t keep resisting this!

PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sagebrush64
December 9th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Bump....anyone?

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk