PDA

View Full Version : different nib on a recently purchased waterman 54 question

Benny03
December 10th, 2018, 08:41 PM
So I bought a waterman bchr 54 from eBay , but the nib that was on the picture is different than what I received .. my question is did I get a better nib, or should I return it ? The nib with the markings ideal reg us 14 kt is what the seller was showing in the pics , I got a nib that says ideal New York with a 4 underneath ..what should I do ?

Chrissy
December 10th, 2018, 11:11 PM
If you didn't get the exact nib on the original listing picture that is hallmarked as being 14kt then you didn't get a better nib but probably a worse one. :(
I would submit a return request. That way the seller will have to send you a return label.

Elim
December 11th, 2018, 03:52 AM
The #4 (waterman) Ideal #4 is correct for the 54 bhr/bchr waterman pens, somit ounds like you got correct for the pen/better.

#quitcherbitchin'

lol

Chrissy
December 11th, 2018, 07:02 AM
The reference to "#4" is the size of the nib and the #4 nib size is correct for the pen, as long as it's the 14ct one that the seller showed in his original pictures. If it's not marked 14ct gold then it's not better.

Benny03
December 11th, 2018, 08:10 AM
It does not say 14 ct on the one I got, the nib is also shorter and not as pointy as the one in the picture which he advertised ..which made it an extra fine writer and more flexible , I’m gonna contact him and see if he made a mistake in sending me the wrong one.