PDA

View Full Version : My almost complete collection

BikerBabe
May 21st, 2013, 03:21 PM
...almost, because I forgot to add my boxed fountain pens: Parker, Cross etc., the calligraphy pens, the dip pens and the Jinhao pens.
Plus I forgot to add my everyday pens from the cigar case...typical! :p

First, the no-name-pens:

And then the rest, sorted alphabetically from left to right:

I apologise for the poor photo quality, but I couldn't fit all of the pens in my light box. :)

Bogon07
May 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Gads that is an impressively large collection of pens. So many shapes sizes and colours they are fascinating. Thanks for showing them.
Did they all come from your thrift shops and flea markets ? :)

That purple one in the top row of your 2nd photo is the exact colour I can imagine a Lamy Safari :angel: and coincidentally I see what looks like a red Safari in that row too.
That I hope is a premonition of Nostrodamacian proportions.

drgoretex
May 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Wowzers! What an awesome collection!

What is that cool looking black one in the middle of the bottom row of the third picture, pointed at both ends, looks like it is textured?

Ken

earthdawn
May 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
WOW !

very nice ... I feel so much better about mine now lol

I almost feel less obsessed :bounce:

BikerBabe
May 22nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Gads that is an impressively large collection of pens. So many shapes sizes and colours they are fascinating. Thanks for showing them.
Did they all come from your thrift shops and flea markets ? :)

That purple one in the top row of your 2nd photo is the exact colour I can imagine a Lamy Safari :angel: and coincidentally I see what looks like a red Safari in that row too.
That I hope is a premonition of Nostrodamacian proportions.

Hi and thanks for your kind comment. :)
Not all of the pens comes from the flea markets and thrift shops, although most of them do.
I'm fortunate enough to know a guy who sells fp's cheaply - that is, the ones he doesn't judge valuable enough to repair and sell online.
He usually let me pick 10 or 20 of what he call "scrap" pens, and Ill get 10 pens for 100 dkk, and 20 pens for 150 dkk, so that way it has been both easy and cheap for me to build up a large collection. And they usually work, too - I don't buy the ones that doesn't work, unless they're pretty unusual.
He's got a lot of Mont Blanc pens too, but that will require some saving up on my part, before I buy one of his fully restored MB's. :D

The purple pen is a Helix, as is the two pens to the left of it:

The red one you mention, is indeed a Lamy Safari:

Wowzers! What an awesome collection!

What is that cool looking black one in the middle of the bottom row of the third picture, pointed at both ends, looks like it is textured?

Ken

Hi Ken, and thanks! *curtsies* :)
The black strange-looking pen you mention, is a Rotring Rive.
I apologise for the pen group photo, I haven't photographed the Rive for my pen database yet:

WOW !

very nice ... I feel so much better about mine now lol

I almost feel less obsessed :bounce:

Thanks! :)
LOL cool! :D

Bogon07
May 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the close up of the purple Helix & the Safari. It is a very attractive attention seeking pen and the clip is such a pretty snazzy colour too.

Atleast you haven't progressed to the Brian Anderson stage of buying pens without nibs yet. I think that comes in the more advanced stages of pen collecting.

BikerBabe
May 23rd, 2013, 05:19 AM
You're welcome. I really like the purple pen, I must admit that it's nice to have some colourful pens to vary the everyday writing with, instead of always using black or steel or gold pens. That gets old after a while.
lol@nibs: True, that! ;)
I prefer to buy pens that will work after a thorough rinsing and flushing. ;)

plistumi
May 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Nice collection. Congrats!