PDA

View Full Version : Private Reserve Ink Website now Online

junglejim
December 17th, 2018, 11:28 PM
The new website activated yesterday. Nice to see some of the old standby inks are still around. (Some really nice color corrected swabs.) They even sell new and used vintage fountain pens! You can't buy any of the inks direct, you have to purchase at one of the authorised retailers.

Linky: https://privatereserveink.com/

Surprisingly, the only store that currently has all of the PR bottled ink available including the small sample set bottles is Vanness.

All the Best.

Chrissy
December 18th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the link. :) Interesting to see that they sell pens directly through their site, but not inks. :confused:

aquafox
December 18th, 2018, 02:53 AM
I like their bottle design - indeed are cute - but nearly useless once the level gets low.

I wish they had an ink pocket like old sheaffer bottles!

Does anyone know if such bottles of Skrip have ever been replicated?

junglejim
December 18th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the link. :) Interesting to see that they sell pens directly through their site, but not inks. :confused:

Apparently, Susan Shube and Terry Johnson founded Private Reserve Inks. After Terry died she sold the company to long time friend and employee Darla Aniline who now runs PRI. The company has a small store front pen store in front of the warehouse that's run by Susan and may be (conjecture) a silent partner of PRI. You can sort of see their pen store amongst a set of shops on google maps street view.

From their website:

"Not only does PRI boast fountain pen ink, we also have established a quaint pen storefront at our wholesale business location at 68 North 1st Street, Zionsville, IN. Here you will find new, gently used and vintage fountain pens, ballpoint and rollerball refills and, of course, all PRI ink products. We also offer on-site pen repairs for valued vintage fountain pens.

Our team consists of Susan Schube (pen shop manager/liason), Laura Cain (creative assistant extraordinaire), and Brad Campbell (photographer extraordinaire)."

All the Best.

FredRydr
December 18th, 2018, 08:57 PM
I like their bottle design - indeed are cute - but nearly useless once the level gets low.
Alas, my experience with their caps on the old larger-mouthed bottles didn't seal well, and some cracked from stress at the threads. Let's hope the new owners have put that problem in the past.

Chrissy
December 19th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Alas, my experience with their caps on the old larger-mouthed bottles didn't seal well, and some cracked from stress at the threads. Let's hope the new owners have put that problem in the past.
The bottles still seem to have quite large mouths, but maybe they are smaller than they used to be? Hopefully the cap thread-cracking problem might have been fixed at the time of the change over?

aquafox
December 19th, 2018, 07:14 AM
I was told by the store owner to put a dab of silicone grease around the cap, where it is threaded, mainly because the ink might seep in there if I was to tilt the bottle upside down and gunk it.

junglejim
March 14th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Over the past weekend the inky inspirations hit on mixing up a bright, deep saturated blue ink with permanent properties. When I think of saturated inks, Private Reserve immediately comes to mind. A quick check of my 5 favorite pen stores all show that the ink colors I needed are out of stock! Grrr. And then I remembered a website that was advertised over at Pentrace, called HisNibs. I had visited them several months ago and they had carried the PR line, the WHOLE PR line, not just a few of their inks. A quick email Monday morning to Norman Haase at HisNibs and he confirmed the colors were in stock, and 20 minutes later he sent the tracking information. I received the package this afternoon along with a personal hand-written note from Norman thanking me for my order. Kudos to HisNibs.com for great service.

Note: I am not affiliated with HisNibs in any way and I paid my own cash for the inks.

All the Best.