PDA

View Full Version : La Couronne du Comte - great experience

ransky
May 22nd, 2013, 05:00 AM
In the past few months, I've made three separate online pen purchases from La Couronne du Comte. I'm very pleased with the transactions and wanted to share my experience. La Couronne du Comte is located in the Netherlands, which is overseas for me (I'm in Texas). While that means some shipping time is involved, it also means not paying Europe's VAT taxes. The store's prices on many European model pens are extremely competitive as a consequence. To see the non-VAT prices, you have to create an account, giving them your shipping location. Take a look at some of the Pelikan, Caran d'Ache and GvFC models.

I purchased two what I consider high-end pens, and a lower priced pen. All three arrived safely, nicely gift-wrapped (gift-wrapping is part of their standard service). No issues with any of the pens - all were in great shape. Two of my orders were not immediately in-stock, but were shipped within a week. As compensation for the wait, I received a bottle of complementary ink. Given the great pricing of my purchases, I had no issue waiting for the shipping anyway.

Shipping time from the Netherlands to Texas was about a week or so. The packages showed up in my mailbox just like any other mail. There were no customs duties or other taxes to pay, even on the most expensive pen. Dennis, the proprietor, is very quick with his emails, and sends notification of receipt of order and shipping. With any delays, he was quick to let me know - great to correspond with. If you haven't browsed their site, you can check them out at http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl. If you're in the US and don't mind a bit of delayed gratification with the shipping, I urge you to take a look.

A note on payment. Everything is in Euro's, so you'll have to convert the prices yourself if using dollars. Payment is made through something called (I think) Multi-safe pay, a linked site that will process your credit card payment. I had no issues at all with this. Everything worked fine and my payment processed correctly.

Usual disclaimer applies - I am in no way affiliated with La Couronne du Comte. I just thought others should know of this great place to shop.

erpe
May 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
I also have very good experiences with this store, in fact, I have decided to give them all my fp related business. Dennis put a link in his Facebook page with a look inside the shop (https://maps.google.nl/maps?q=La+Couronne+du+Comte%2C+Nieuwlandstraat%2C+ Centrum%2C+Tilburg&hl=nl&ll=51.555403%2C5.083014&spn=0.000003%2C0.002626&sll=51.555395%2C5.082984&layer=c&cid=4499553700966156239&panoid=iM4f1WimhFAAAAQIt1x2QA&cbp=13%2C259.63%2C%2C0%2C9.38&hq=La+Couronne+du+Comte%2C+Nieuwlandstraat%2C+Cent rum%2C+Tilburg&t=m&z=19&cbll=51.555406%2C5.083039).
I hope he doesn't mind sharing it here. BTW, I am in the Netherlands so shopping is a bit easier for me :)

Laura N
May 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
Definite +1. Dennis has incredible service, and the Euro prices can be very tempting.

In fact, Dan should invite Dennis to post his occasional discounts over here, too, because those are amazing deals.

kaisnowbird
May 22nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
I've been tempted by La Couronne du Comte for a long time and last week placed my first order. One of the items is not in stock, so I'm waiting patiently. Will report back when things arrive.

I find that some of their items, after VAT deduction, are even cheaper than what you'll find on eBay, or pretty much everywhere else I can find. I now use their prices as benchmark.

In case people don't know this - for orders above 150 euro, they offer free shipping worldwide, which is pretty awesome.

CapeClear
June 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I cannot sing the praises of La Couronne du Comte high enough. They are an absolute pleasure to deal with. Throughout my dealings with them they have replied to all inquiries promptly and helpfully. No matter how large or small the order it comes beautifully wrapped which really is a nice gesture. Shipping times within Europe are amazingly fast; from their shop to Ireland it takes approx. three days and from their shop to Sweden it has taken as little as two days. Highly, highly recommended.

de_pen_dent
June 18th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I've gotten a Montegrappa and a Diplomat from Dennis in the past, and recently ordered the Pelikan M800 tortoise as well.

Dennis is great to deal with.

GreenBox
July 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM
La Couronne du Comte is a local store for me and fortunately the first one I've ordered inks and pens from online.
One pen I bought was not in stock and would take some weeks to deliver.
I received a prompt reply to a question and was kept informed when the pen was, unexpected, not included in a delivery to them.
This made the long wait just that, without worries that my order was forgotten.

When my package did arrive it included a very nice, "sorry this took so long", gift. And because everything is gift wrapped it was super to hold a wrapped, pen related, item, and not knowing what it is!

Resume: Good response to questions, timely information about problems with your order. Speedy delivery of all "normal" orders, with matching info on tracking. In my experience: Gold Standard for communication.