PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime ink review: Diamine Sargasso Sea

Voiren
December 23rd, 2018, 03:19 PM
Lunchtime ink reviews! I'm taking one ink to work each day and doing one of these during my lunch.

Diamine Sargasso Sea, dip test with TWSBI Eco 1.1mm stub, on Rhodia dotpad.

(Some holiday delays are occurring, so this is one I did on the 17th).

Wet, saturated darker blue with red sheen in the wettest places - where it looks purple, that's the sheen reflection doing it. Compared to Skull & Roses, S&R is more cyan and sheens far more while Sargasso Sea is a darker bluer blue. Where the sheen happens they do have the same combined dark colour though.

junglejim
December 23rd, 2018, 06:43 PM
Lovely rich color, supersaturated in blue dyes. I received a sample of this from another fpgeek and found it very wet, lubricated, and a REAL pain to clean out of a pen. First time I had to use a Pen Flush on a converter pen.

All the Best.

usk15
December 25th, 2018, 06:56 AM
I have this ink, but I'm using to mix with Parker Quink blue, 70% Quink + 30% DSSB.
It is a very saturated ink. I love it!

FredRydr
January 4th, 2019, 07:56 AM
...a REAL pain to clean out of a pen. First time I had to use a Pen Flush on a converter pen....
This is true. A close runner-up in saturated dark blue that cleans easier is Akkerman No. 5 (Shocking Blue), but I like Sargasso Sea enough that I continue to use it exclusively in an easy-to-dissassemble and clean Conid Bulkfiller. Here's Sargasso Sea clinging to the innards of the pen, even after being upright in a rack overnight.