PDA

View Full Version : Small Town Street Night Shot

JustinJ
May 22nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
I enjoy taking pictures near dark. My camera is a Pentax K7 with a 40mm Pentax Limited Pancake lens. I do not adjust in photo shop or photo editing. If you look up in the building on the right you will see a person watching me from their window.

ThriveToScribe
May 22nd, 2013, 09:55 PM
What a marvelous shot, and a great photo to look at. Is that a downtown area? (it looks so clean) :-):confused::):cool:

JustinJ
May 23rd, 2013, 04:44 AM
It is a side street of a downtown. The movie theater is building with the lights along the top edge.

Sailor Kenshin
May 23rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Ditto on the marvelous shot! Makes me want to take a stroll down that avenue.

Waski_the_Squirrel
May 23rd, 2013, 01:36 PM
Very nice composition: you framed it so it's like a tunnel leading the viewer into the town.

Just curious: have you ever tried a longer exposure? A long exposure and a narrow aperture make lights appear like stars. I think it would be a cool effect in this picture.

JustinJ
May 23rd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Very nice composition: you framed it so it's like a tunnel leading the viewer into the town.

Just curious: have you ever tried a longer exposure? A long exposure and a narrow aperture make lights appear like stars. I think it would be a cool effect in this picture.

I would have to get a tripod, but may try setting the camera on top of something and setting the timer. I hand hold the camera. It has anti-shake but you start pushing the limits holding more than a couple of seconds.

JustinJ
May 23rd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Here is another picture that I took in NYC with the clouds settling on top of the building.

Sailor Kenshin
May 23rd, 2013, 02:09 PM
That is VERY cool!

JustinJ
May 23rd, 2013, 05:33 PM
That is VERY cool!

Thank you

JustinJ
May 24th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Here is a picture of a street in NYC during the day. I thought it was funny the name on the restaurant "The New Venus" . It looks far from new.

Robert
May 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
A very appealing photograph: makes me "wish I were there."