PDA

View Full Version : Twsbi Notebook - Pocket size

writingrav
May 23rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
My new Twsbi arrived today and I must say I'm very impressed. The soft leather(ette) cover is very nice. The notebook lies nicely flat. The paper is very fountain pen friendly without feeling as mirror smooth as Rhodia. No bleed through, no feathering, mild show through with my wettest nibs. Good price too. While I initially was skeptical of the perforations, that turns out to be very handy, especially in the pocket edition. All in all a very good step for Twsbi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bostonfin
May 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
I agree with everything states above these notebooks are nice. I prefer my new one to my webnote book. Now if Speedy can make one with a dot grid i would be in heaven.

jacksterp
May 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Nice review - still would like to see the backside.

I've come to really like perforated pages so it's a plus for me.

writingrav
May 24th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Nice review - still would like to see the backside.

I've come to really like perforated pages so it's a plus for me.

Your wish is my command!:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Daniel
May 25th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the review! They look really promising. I am searching for a replacement for my Field Notes pocket notebook. How large is the line spacing on these?
Cheers

writingrav
May 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
UPDATE; The elastic closure pulled tight off the back of the notebook on the third day of regular use. Not a deal breaker; its still a very nice little notebook, but the Rhodia never ripped after months of use.

jacksterp
May 27th, 2013, 05:01 PM
writingrav - Thanks for taking the time to post the additional photo. Paper appears to be A-OK for fountain pens. The elastic strap coming loose so soon is a disappointment. Maybe write to TWSBI with the news and they might send a replacement.

Thanks again.

ilangai
August 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
UPDATE; The elastic closure pulled tight off the back of the notebook on the third day of regular use. Not a deal breaker; its still a very nice little notebook, but the Rhodia never ripped after months of use.

Another Update: Red ribbon pulled off after a month of use. The paper is still wonderful, but i wonder what would fall off next.

earthdawn
August 3rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
My TWSBI notebook I got with my Micarta V2.

It is a nice notebook but does suffer from page seperation from the binding on the first and last pages...

Strap has held up so far and it does not have the ribbon.

fncll
August 4th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I'm now torn on getting one of these or not. Does anyone know who is manufacturing the paper? The few reviews I've found make it sound like it might be an Apica or similar rebrand (which, if you like Apica as I do, you can get for much less moola if you buy the Daizo branded paper, for instance).