PDA

View Full Version : Wahl Eversharp Skyline Demonstrator

renpei
May 23rd, 2013, 08:57 PM
I have an excellent condition Wahl Eversharp Skyline Demonstrator that I would like to sell or trade.

I realize that there have been controversial events recently that have raised suspicion of my legitamincy and I would be more than willing to use a method of selling/trading that reduces the risk such as a trusted middleman of your choice.

I will post pictures tomorrow as I do not have it on me right now.

I am open to offers but looking for around $175.

Thanks!

david i
May 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
I have an excellent condition Wahl Eversharp Skyline Demonstrator that I would like to sell or trade.

I realize that there have been controversial events recently that have raised suspicion of my legitamincy and I would be more than willing to use a method of selling/trading that reduces the risk such as a trusted middleman of your choice.

Thanks!

I suspect the only trusted method for you at this time would be to ship the pen ahead and to collect payment from buyer after he has received the pen. No other method appears to be safe.

This is not to cast aspersion, but reflects merely your own stated business ethics, as per Page 7 of the ongoing Scammer Thread in FPG's Lounge, which I advise people to read.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/2604-Scams-and-Fountain-Pens/page7

regards

david

renpei
May 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM
I am totally willing to do that but I was actually thinking of using someone really trusted (Dannzeman maybe if hes willing to)
and having the pen shipped to him. He will then take the money, use part of it for shipping, and once the buyer receives it, send the money to me or if its a trade, the pen to me

david i
May 24th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I am totally willing to do that but I was actually thinking of using someone really trusted (Dannzeman maybe if hes willing to)
and having the pen shipped to him. He will then take the money, use part of it for shipping, and once the buyer receives it, send the money to me or if its a trade, the pen to me

Probably easier just not to buy from you.

This is not to cast aspersion, but reflects merely your own stated business ethics, as per Page 7 of the ongoing Scammer Thread in FPG's Lounge, which I advise people to read.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/2604-Scams-and-Fountain-Pens/page7

regards

David

snedwos
May 24th, 2013, 08:22 AM
It's a nice pen, renpei, I think you should sit back and enjoy using it.

Annie
May 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM

Thanks!

Pictures please. Also, where did you buy this pen? Also, you will take paypal, won't you?

GourmetPens
May 24th, 2013, 03:38 PM

Thanks!

This has a flexible nib right? Do you have a writing sample by any chance or is it uninked/undipped?

renpei
May 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
OH SHIT. I am so sorry. I forgot to take the pictures today. Dont bother messaging me until pics are up I guess.
BTW, is there anything you want me to do in the pics to prove that they are mine?
I will get actual pictures up on monday if I can. I am so sorry.

I dont like it because I like posting pens but the cap on this is too heavy. The nib is great and everything though.

Obviously I take paypal. I thought that was implied :P Is there another way to receive payments?

piscov
May 24th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Constantly forgetting to take pictures reminds me of a guy I knew some weeks ago. .... Kirkylarky.

I'm still to receive some pens he said to have sent but forgot to take pictures or to use a tracking number service.
Thank God I figure him out right from the beginning and did not send him any of my pens. ..

Some times I make very strange associations. .... Don't know why:o

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

david i
May 24th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Perhaps it would be best for Renpei to keep the pen. There seems to be significant risk in play at this point in dealing with him.

regards

david

renpei
May 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
@Piscov. I have pictures. just not good ones. Also, I am not constantly forgetting them. I forgot about it once. Like I said, I will get it on monday and I also said not to trade with me until I get the pictures.

@David. I will be going first.

piscov
May 25th, 2013, 12:57 AM
There is s good and fair option for all. First both parts give a value to both pens. Then you pay using PayPal. You send your pen , after that pen arrives the other part gives you a full refund and sends you the other pen.

I will never make any trades with someone I did not dealt before.... remember the watch story?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

renpei
May 25th, 2013, 07:24 AM
@piscov well, then id be sending $175 + another $175 to the person and not getting anything...

What watch story? We've never talked before I dont think...

piscov
May 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Just trust the other part, the rest will follow...

Annie
May 25th, 2013, 04:13 PM
No pictures and no confirmation of where Renpei Chen bought the pen.

wahlnut
May 26th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I may not know a Moon Pie from a Cow Pie, but Hey, if you want a Skyline Demonstrator, I'm sitting herewith a large supply of brand new ones in 3 colors about which there is no doubt of their existence, where I got them or whether they will actually be delivered. AND mine come with a guarantee against defects, a 7 day no questions asked, money back return policy and service after the sale! That is, if buying a Skyline Demonstrator has anything to do with this thread any longer.
Cheers
Syd the Wahlnut
The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company
http://www.wahleversharp.com

earthdawn
May 26th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I may not know a Moon Pie from a Cow Pie, but Hey, if you want a Skyline Demonstrator, I'm sitting herewith a large supply of brand new ones in 3 colors about which there is no doubt of their existence, where I got them or whether they will actually be delivered. AND mine come with a guarantee against defects, a 7 day no questions asked, money back return policy and service after the sale! That is, if buying a Skyline Demonstrator has anything to do with this thread any longer.
Cheers
Syd the Wahlnut
The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company
http://www.wahleversharp.com

And they absolutely ROCK !!!

piscov
May 26th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Syd, congratulation on revival this great brand. When will we have the chance to buy a Coronet? I would love one!!

by the way, for me, this thread was never about selling or buying a pen, was about avoiding to be scammed....

heraclitus682
May 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Beautiful pens! I had no idea Wahl-Eversharp still existed. I am tempted by several of them. The company is "just down the road" from me as well!

drgoretex
May 26th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Hmmm. Facinating. I had no idea either.

Anyone know of any reviews of these modern skylines?

Ken

david i
May 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM
@piscov well, then id be sending $175 + another $175 to the person and not getting anything...

What watch story? We've never talked before I dont think...

Sounds like a safe plan for the non-scammers who have to deal with a scammer, as they say...

regards

david

wahlnut
May 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM

Ken
The one I like best is a YouTube review that I just had to put on he wahleversharp homepage scroll down to just below mid page in the middle and click on the start video arrow.

I did not mean to fully hijack this thread.
Syd
There is a mini review on FPG search the brand

heraclitus682
May 26th, 2013, 10:56 AM

Ken
The one I like best is a YouTube review that I just had to put on he wahleversharp homepage scroll down to just below mid page in the middle and click on the start video arrow.

I did not mean to fully hijack this thread.
Syd
There is a mini review on FPG search the brand

Any hijack the brings the conversation back to pens is always welcome IMHO

dannzeman
May 26th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Seems like a good place to close the discussion.