PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime ink review: Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-guri

Voiren
January 14th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Lunchtime ink reviews! I'm taking one ink to work each day and doing one of these during my lunch.

Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-guri, dip test with TWSBI Eco 1.1mm stub, on Rhodia dotpad.

(New dotpad begun!) This one is translated as Wild Chestnut, which makes sense - I wasn't sure how to describe it. The brown is warmer when used lightly and greener in other areas where there is a bit of sheen.

From an artistic perspective, I went back and added in the lighter sketchy leaves at the end to tie it together better. I find it easier to get something I'm happy with when there are lots of thin spindly leaves or grasses, but when there are large veined ones I've been doing more of an outline sketch and I don't like the effect when there are many overlapping leaves as it is hard to get different values in there - it works for sparse leaves.

Robert
January 14th, 2019, 06:25 PM
This is one of my all time favorites - now on my third bottle. I could live happily with yama-guri and asa-gao as my only inks.

jacksterp
January 15th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Also one of my favorites. In fact, it's the only ink that's been in my m200 Smoky Quartz.

azkid
January 16th, 2019, 09:22 PM
I enjoyed this one when I sampled it. I decided on Diamine Macassar as my go to brown for the time being. But this is quite a nice brown to be sure.

Detman101
January 4th, 2023, 12:24 PM
I am expecting a sample of this to arrive today.
It will be a contender to replace my bottle of "R&K - Sepia".

PithyProlix
January 4th, 2023, 10:00 PM
Darn you. I had decided to take this (fairly expensive) ink off my want list but now it's back on, and near the top!

Thanks/no thanks 😅 for your beautiful review.