PDA

View Full Version : Paper suggestion (for DIY Midori inserts)

tandaina
May 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM
So I've got some fun templates to print Midori inserts but the FP friendly paper I've got is VERY thick and heavy. Enough that the inserts will NOT fold nicely, or lay flat.

Can anyone suggest paper (hopefully readily available) in standard sizes that is FP friendly but thin enough to make nice notebook inserts?

jbb
May 24th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure what these Midori inserts are but would something like Strathmore's 30 lb. translucent vellum work? http://www.amazon.com/Strathmore-Translucent-Vellum-pack-20/dp/B000KNHRTE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1369437137&sr=8-3&keywords=vellum+paper+translucent :cry: I may really not understand what you're looking for here..... Are the inserts dividers?

tandaina
May 24th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Sorry, I'm looking to make notebooks that go into a Midori cover. That vellum might indeed work. The paper in the Midori pre-made notebooks is quite fine and light, but I want to custom print some travel journals and other such things.

jbb
May 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Sorry, I'm looking to make notebooks that go into a Midori cover. That vellum might indeed work. The paper in the Midori pre-made notebooks is quite fine and light, but I want to custom print some travel journals and other such things.

Are you looking for something lighter or heavier than 20 lb copy paper?

tandaina
May 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Probably lighter? Something not quite as light as tomoe river paper. But still FP friendly. Wish I knew what weight the Midori inserts are I'm trying for something of that weight.

jbb
May 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Probably lighter? Something not quite as light as tomoe river paper. But still FP friendly. Wish I knew what weight the Midori inserts are I'm trying for something of that weight.

Mead Multipurpose Paper feels like 16 lb. weight to me and is fp friendly, readily available (I bought some at the supermarket) and not expensive. I can send you a sample.

http://www.amazon.com/Mead-Multipurpose-Paper-Count-39200/dp/B001T8MAFK