PDA

View Full Version : Hey everybody!

dannzeman
March 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
So, where do I start? I've covered my fountain pen history here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/24-What-s-your-Fountain-Pen-History?p=51&viewfull=1#post51). After that I discovered stub nibs and really wanted to try one but couldn't afford it so I ground my own nibs. They turned out pretty good so I kept at it and have been grinding nibs for almost a year now. I also started repairing my own vintage pens and eventually started a blog called Passion du jour (http://dannzeman.com).

I am into other things besides fountain pens, mostly motorcycles and photography. And knives. oh, and guns too.

eriquito
March 15th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Howdy dannzeman,

Welcome to Fountain Pen Geeks!

With your passion for knives and guns, I'm nominating you for Head of Security =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

bdpatton2
March 30th, 2010, 08:19 PM
dood knives, guns and photography are all awesome. You must be an awesome ginger!! eh.

dannzeman
March 30th, 2010, 09:37 PM
dood knives, guns and photography are all awesome. You must be an awesome ginger!! eh.
Ginger? What the heck is that?

Sent from my htc HERO using Tapatalk

eriquito
March 31st, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ginger? What the heck is that?

I was asking myself the very same question.

bdpatton2 seems like a nice guy, so it must be a compliment.

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

dannzeman
August 1st, 2015, 08:07 PM
As the title says, “Hey everybody!”. Again.

I can’t believe it’s been more than 5 years since my first introduction. Wow!

A lot has changed for me in the past few months and I kind of wanted to reintroduce myself.

As some of you may know, in late March I was offered a position with Kenro Industries (US distributor for Aurora, Omas, and Montegrappa) as their Director of Media Operations. This was a proud moment for me as it meant I had made the transition from hobbyist to professional, working with brands I genuinely respected. It also provided financial stability after being unemployed for nearly 15 months. Basically, it was a dream come true.

Around that same time, my daughter turned two and my wife was about 32 weeks pregnant. On May 26, Kisha gave birth to our son, and second child, Everett Marvin Smith (born 21.5” long and 10lbs 6.5oz!)

Two weeks later I was offered, and accepted, a position as a Manufacturing Engineer for John Deere at their Harvester Works facility in Moline, IL. They wanted me to start in two weeks, which isn’t a whole lot of time to find a new place, pack, and move. But we did it. And it was exhausting.

The folks at Kenro weren’t excited to see me go and I loved working for them, so we decided I’d continue my responsibilities there on a part-time basis. Also, somewhere along the way I started a new website, TheNibsmith.com (http://thenibsmith.com), that focuses on my nib services as well as reviews and new products I find especially interesting.

One thing I can say for sure is that I missed interacting with everyone here and look forward to rejoining the conversations. The people make this such a fantastic community and I can't wait to see some of you at the DC and SF pen shows!

Crazyorange
August 1st, 2015, 08:54 PM
Congrats dan. A new muffin and a job....that's wonderful news. I hope to see you at the DC show.

jar
August 1st, 2015, 09:04 PM
Lots of good news is good!

Jon Szanto
August 1st, 2015, 09:05 PM
The people make this such a fantastic community and I can't wait to see some of you at the DC and SF pen shows!

Well, that seals it: hang time will be carved out. See you in a few weeks!

Laura N
August 1st, 2015, 09:52 PM
Hi Dan, it's so very good to see you here again. :wave:

Marsilius
August 1st, 2015, 10:20 PM
Lovely to hear all your good news, and welcome back!

Quantum Sailor
August 1st, 2015, 11:39 PM
Welcome back and glad to hear it's been good news lately.

dannzeman
August 2nd, 2015, 06:23 AM
Congrats dan. A new muffin and a job....that's wonderful news. I hope to see you at the DC show.

Looking forward to it!

dannzeman
August 2nd, 2015, 06:27 AM
The people make this such a fantastic community and I can't wait to see some of you at the DC and SF pen shows!

Well, that seals it: hang time will be carved out. See you in a few weeks!

I'm so pumped for the SF show! I've not been this excited for a show since the first one I attended, which was Chicago like 4 or 5 years ago.

dannzeman
August 2nd, 2015, 06:28 AM
Hi Dan, it's so very good to see you here again. :wave:

Thank you! I can't wait to catch up. Hope you've been well!

dannzeman
August 2nd, 2015, 06:29 AM
Lovely to hear all your good news, and welcome back!

Welcome back and glad to hear it's been good news lately.

Thank you!

writingrav
August 2nd, 2015, 06:41 AM

A lot has changed for me in the past few months and I kind of wanted to reintroduce myself.

As some of you may know, in late March I was offered a position with Kenro Industries (US distributor for Aurora, Omas, and Montegrappa) as their Director of Media Operations. This was a proud moment for me as it meant I had made the transition from hobbyist to professional, working with brands I genuinely respected. It also provided financial stability after being unemployed for nearly 15 months. Basically, it was a dream come true.

Around that same time, my daughter turned two and my wife was about 32 weeks pregnant. On May 26, Kisha gave birth to our son, and second child, Everett Marvin Smith (born 21.5” long and 10lbs 6.5oz!)

Two weeks later I was offered, and accepted, a position as a Manufacturing Engineer for John Deere at their Harvester Works facility in Moline, IL. They wanted me to start in two weeks, which isn’t a whole lot of time to find a new place, pack, and move. But we did it. And it was exhausting.

The folks at Kenro weren’t excited to see me go and I loved working for them, so we decided I’d continue my responsibilities there on a part-time basis. Also, somewhere along the way I started a new website, TheNibsmith.com (http://thenibsmith.com), that focuses on my nib services as well as reviews and new products I find especially interesting.

One thing I can say for sure is that I missed interacting with everyone here and look forward to rejoining the conversations. The people make this such a fantastic community and I can't wait to see some of you at the DC and SF pen shows!
Congratulations! Great to "see" you again and looking forward to seeing you in DC.

dr.grace
August 2nd, 2015, 01:17 PM
Glad to see you back here, Dan!

Silverbreeze
August 2nd, 2015, 01:28 PM

Congrats Dan, and welcome home

Chrissy
August 2nd, 2015, 03:54 PM
Hi Dan,

Many congratulations and welcome back. :wave:

Hawk
August 2nd, 2015, 05:03 PM
Welcome home again. A wild ride for you; looks like things will stabilize for you (maybe, hope) now.

klpeabody
August 2nd, 2015, 07:29 PM
Hi Dan, very glad to hear so much good news from you! It's great to see you here. I hope to see more of you!:)

dannzeman
August 2nd, 2015, 09:55 PM
...; looks like things will stabilize for you (maybe, hope) now.

I certainly hope so!

Wahl
August 3rd, 2015, 10:25 AM
:welcome:

ethernautrix
August 4th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Cool! You're coming to the SF Pen Show! It'll be great to meet you in person!

Josephtibbetts
August 4th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Wow! Lots happening Dan :) Glad to hear it's going well for you thought. Always loved your videos.

catbert
August 8th, 2015, 12:03 AM
It's great to see you back, Dan.

I have to say 'Nibsmith' is an inspired name.

inklord
August 8th, 2015, 04:47 AM
Hey Dan! So good to hear from you - love your videos! Just keep your reviews coming as time permits - congrats on the new boy, too!

Mags
August 8th, 2015, 06:15 AM

That is such great news that Kenro, and Bryan Hulser, is still as convincing as ever to keep you on part-time. More importantly your passion as an engineer will be fully engaged working at John Deere. Growing up in Sask there was competition amongst Case, Massey Fergusson, John Deere folks. The John Deere name, brand and performance are all excellent.