PDA

View Full Version : Converter for a JT Dupont fountain pen

Laurie
January 24th, 2019, 06:49 PM
I just received a Dupont D Initial Fountain Pen as a present. It has a very small ink cartridge inside. I googled and it appears you can buy a converter for this pen. The pen is not very long. I am unable to post a photograph at the moment as I cant find my connection cable for my camera.

DickBrowne
January 25th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Have you seen the Kaweco converter? That’s quite short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrissy
January 25th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I searched for the pen and the Dupont web-site came up. The pen accepts their somewhat "standard International size" looking converter, so it's worth buying one cheaply rather than paying a hefty price for the Dupont version.

Laurie
January 25th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Thanks Dick and Chrissy.
I have an international converter and tried it but it was a bit too loose. So I may have to go for the original. This pen is their entry level pen but it writes very smoothly. It is my first pen for sometime and it was a very appreciated gift from a young Italian boy who I am presently hosting

Chrissy
January 26th, 2019, 01:36 AM
Thanks Dick and Chrissy.
I have an international converter and tried it but it was a bit too loose. So I may have to go for the original. This pen is their entry level pen but it writes very smoothly. It is my first pen for sometime and it was a very appreciated gift from a young Italian boy who I am presently hosting
When I searched for your pen, the price for their standard looking converter on their web-site was £65 for 10. It may be different where you are, but I wouldn't buy 10 Dupont converters for £65. Especially when they are made for them by someone else. :(

I hope you find one that fits your pen. :) Maybe you just need a different one to the one you already have?