PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Vintage Kaweco Sports

dneal
January 24th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Done here.

amk
January 25th, 2019, 10:25 AM
I have one of the Viscoti Kawecos. The photo really doesn't do it justice; it's lovely material, one of the nicest of all the materials used by Kaweco.

What a lovely collection of Sports. (There must be a collective noun for them...)

dneal
January 26th, 2019, 08:43 PM
I have one of the Viscoti Kawecos. The photo really doesn't do it justice; it's lovely material, one of the nicest of all the materials used by Kaweco.

What a lovely collection of Sports. (There must be a collective noun for them...)

Thanks. If the sun would ever come out, I’d get better pics...

amk
January 27th, 2019, 05:13 AM
"If the sun would ever come out." Yes, I know that feeling... still waiting :-)

dneal
January 29th, 2019, 07:03 AM
112A, 12 and 883 are sold. Prices updated.

whych
January 29th, 2019, 08:36 AM
This one is a V12. This and the later V16 feature a hooded nib (which was all the rage during the time). 60's era pen in fantastic shape, with original box. The Kaweco pendant is replaced with a "Munchen" (Munich) one. Don't know if that was done by Kaweco, the vendor, or the original owner. 14k OF nib. $100

It's more likely to be from 1972. Kaweco did a set commemorating the 72 Olympics in Munich.
You don't show the chain and pendant, but it should have the Olympic rings on it.

dneal
January 29th, 2019, 09:41 AM
This one is a V12. This and the later V16 feature a hooded nib (which was all the rage during the time). 60's era pen in fantastic shape, with original box. The Kaweco pendant is replaced with a "Munchen" (Munich) one. Don't know if that was done by Kaweco, the vendor, or the original owner. 14k OF nib. $100

It's more likely to be from 1972. Kaweco did a set commemorating the 72 Olympics in Munich.
You don't show the chain and pendant, but it should have the Olympic rings on it.

The 70's and Olympic models were V16's. I have one with the Olympic pendant.

I suspect this was sold as a souvenir, alongside with magnets, spoons, etc... I see now that the pendant was mostly cropped out of the picture. It's a shield shaped pendant with a man in traditional german garb and "München" above him.