PDA

View Full Version : Artus 10P

6of1
May 25th, 2013, 03:45 AM
We don't run across too many Artus pens here in the States -- mostly just the Lamy branded pieces. I've had these Artus 10P pens for about fifteen years now. I can't exactly remember where I picked them up, but I've used one of them steadily for the whole time and it has withstood quite a lot of rough treatment. They're just steel-nibbed school pens, but they're built to that 50s era quality standard that blows modern equivalents away. They take international cartridges.

whych
May 30th, 2013, 05:11 PM
"Doctor, can you help me live a little more? I expect good news."

From whom - the doctor or a 3rd party? ;)

I may have some nib sections floating around. Never seen the rest of the pen though.

My older piston fill Artus is sitting waiting for me to get round to cutting a new cork for it.
I think most of the old German school pens were built to last. The ones from the 50's and 60's were pretty much the same as the upmarket models with a steel nib instead of gold and less bling, if you can call it that. German bling was some extra gold rings on the cap or something small. ;)

6of1
June 3rd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ha, very famous scene from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with the great Aldo Giuffrè playing Union Captain Clinton. So, third party, really. ;)

I wholly agree with your sentiments on the old German school pens. I own three of these 10P just in case one or two went south, but one has help up swimmingly and the other two just sit neglected. I should probably sell them off to fund other purchases.