PDA

View Full Version : Parker duofold

penmainiac
February 6th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Hello, I have finally saved enough money for a parker duofold, but I don’t know to get the centennial or international.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View from the Loft
February 6th, 2019, 12:52 PM
That depends on the size of pen that you like using. If you like big pens such as the MB149 or Pelikan M800/M1000, the I suggest the Centennial size.

jodylud
February 7th, 2019, 07:08 AM
My recent acquisitions, a Centennial 'Big Red' and an International in Ivory & Black (size comparison).

proteus
February 7th, 2019, 12:43 PM
jodylud,

Amazing pens.

Is it possible for you to photograph the underside of the nib on the left please

Many thanks

proteus
February 8th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Just interested in these nibs.

jodylud
February 8th, 2019, 01:48 PM
jodylud,

Amazing pens.

Is it possible for you to photograph the underside of the nib on the left please

Many thanks

This Centennial nib is Fine and was ground to a 0.6mm cursive italic by Linda Kennedy at last years Ohio Pen Show... and I couldn't be happier with it. :D

proteus
February 8th, 2019, 02:39 PM
jodylud

Many thanks for photograph, I greatly appreciate looking at the underside.

I thought when I first looked at it there was something special about it.

Am currently researching Parker nib development post 1950

( I think most are aware who Mike & Linda are )

pajaro
February 9th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Have the Chinese or any others faked Duofolds like they did to Sonnet?

proteus
February 9th, 2019, 02:00 PM
pajaro

Great question.

Over the years I have spent a lot of time looking into this.

Have no wish to bore everyone about fake Sonnets
( Have a collection, wished to have good look at them – Mk I & II and the latest on UK ebay )

I think we all know the current 5 biggest UK ebay sellers of Fake Sonnets - they buy them from China at £4 ( one lives in Yorkshire, the other has army in his name…et al )

One thing that fakes have ever achieved - the ability to print on metal the way Parker did and has always done.

The saddest sight that you will ever see is a seller trying to sell on his / her bought fake Sonnet that he/she does not like, believing it is genuine.

As for nibs, have never seen a would be fake of a Duofold before, I am sure they out there.
If you are informed you will spot a fake from 20 paces away.

( Not my area, but just had a good look today – there are a lot of fake Montblanc’s out there )

pajaro
February 9th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Proteus,

Thanks for your reply. After spending a lot of time and research into the fake Sonnets, I was wondering if I would face the same pitfalls with Duofold. It doesn't look like there are counterfeits like Sonnet has had.