PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN PENS. Photos attached.

manoeuver
February 27th, 2019, 06:45 AM
My buddy had his backpack stolen, including all his pens.

theft happened in Columbus Ohio.

Eyes peeled, some of these are very hard to come by:

inklord
February 27th, 2019, 07:35 AM
... oh no. all of those? very sorry for these sad news. hope the thief gets nailed.

penmainiac
February 27th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Damn. Why would somebody steal his pens. The world is a twisted place nowadays. I hope you guys find the pens! And If you do find the thief, you should press charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrissy
February 27th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Why did he have all of those pens in his backpack? Was he taking them to a show or something?

Kaputnik
February 27th, 2019, 07:50 AM
I'm sure he feels bad enough about this without people telling him what he should have done, but I'm just curious about the circumstances. Stolen from his car? Put it down in a meeting or class room and stepped out for a couple of minutes?

Anyway, no doubt he's already gone to the police. There might be some cause for hope in the fact that it's a sizable collection, and a thief trying to sell a bunch of "fancy old pens" might attract attention. I wish him luck with this.

manoeuver
February 27th, 2019, 08:37 AM
backpack stolen out of his car.

AzJon
February 27th, 2019, 08:48 AM
I'll keep my eyes peeled on eBay for anything suspicious.

Realistically, those pens will likely be thrown away or try to be pawned.

Also, a lesson in why one should never carry a large number of pens, and if they do, keep them on your person or never out of your sight.

Good luck.

mulrich
February 27th, 2019, 09:18 AM
I used to carry my pen collection with me too. I didn't have a secure spot in my office and my young kids at home had a reputation for finding and destroying hidden things around the house. Fortunately, a new job and a new house now provide me with ample places to lock up my collection.

This seems like an unlucky event, where someone was just stealing a backpack and ended up with an incredible pen collection. Sadly, of all the thefts reported on these forums, I've never seen a pen recovered.

manoeuver
February 27th, 2019, 10:07 AM
I think Matt Armstrong got some or all of his pens back.

FredRydr
February 27th, 2019, 02:23 PM
:angry:

Wahl
March 1st, 2019, 01:23 PM
What a shame :mad:

jar
March 1st, 2019, 06:48 PM
Be sure to contact places that buy gold.

Chrissy
March 2nd, 2019, 12:48 AM
It's really sad to think that someone probably just stole the back pack because "it was there" and they maybe hoped for something other than a FP collection.

Fingers crossed the pens will be recovered. :)

Cyril
March 2nd, 2019, 09:19 AM
:mad: I heard this from one of Mat's videos . Can't imagine how he felt . Feel sorry for him.

Bisquitlips
March 2nd, 2019, 12:53 PM
Man!

I despise thieves! Losing that collection would be traumatic to say the very least!

To state the obivious, tell your friend to keep an eye out on Ebay. As he likely knows there are several pens in that collection that are uncommon and would be easily spotted. Hopefully he has the S/Ns jotted down (for the pens that have them and some of them will) and can pinpoint his if they show up.

Tell him good luck on his quest to get them back. I know it doesn't sound likely, but I do know of two people, over the years, who have had pen collections stolen and have spotted some them on Ebay after a few months of things cooling down on the theft. Your friend can set up a "Saved Search" that will notify him via email should a particular pen be set up for auction.

I wish your friend well!

Wow!