PDA

View Full Version : Parker Duofold Vacumatic ?

Paul-H
March 15th, 2019, 03:23 AM
Hi all

Just stumbled across this odd one on the BayofEvil

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F 153051530035

A Duofold with a Aerometric filler?

Barrel is supposed to be stamped Vacumatic but without a blind cap

Nib looks like a Vacumatic nib

Filler is Aerometric

Anyone got any info on this oddity.

Thanks

Paul

Empty_of_Clouds
March 15th, 2019, 03:55 AM
Probably just a listing error. I bought one of these from the UK that arrived a couple of days ago. Identical in every respect apart from the nib - the one in this listing appears to be a replacement. GBP 99 is also rather expensive for this model IMHO. Mine doesn't say "vacumatic" anywhere on it, because it isn't!

Paul-H
March 15th, 2019, 04:32 AM
Yep grossly overpriced for a standard Aerometric, under £30 would be more like it, obviously my first thought was it's had a nib swap, it was just the statement about the barrel being stamped Vacumatic had me wondering.

Paul

Deb
March 15th, 2019, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't show the reported barrel imprint. It doesn't look like the barrel of any Vac I've ever seen - no blind cap. It's just an Aerometric with a replacement nib.

Scrawler
March 15th, 2019, 06:42 AM
That nib is about 25 years older than the pen body.

Chrissy
March 15th, 2019, 08:28 AM
I spotted that this morning mainly because of the nib. I remember thinking it was a nice nib on a Duofold

proteus
March 15th, 2019, 12:23 PM
As others have already mentioned.

It is a 1953 Duofold Aerometric produced at Newhaven.

There is no imprint on the barrel at all ( confirmed )

Of course, the nib is a replacement from an earlier pen.

jar
March 15th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't show the reported barrel imprint. It doesn't look like the barrel of any Vac I've ever seen - no blind cap. It's just an Aerometric with a replacement nib.
The barrel isn't the imprint but the nib does say "Vacumatic" since it is from one.

I think it looks like "Frank's" pen.

Paul-H
March 15th, 2019, 03:20 PM
I see the seller has now corrected the listing, removing the Vacumatic Barrel Imprint.

Still thinks the very common pen is worth £99 though, when its more like £30 and that's on a good day.