PDA

View Full Version : Laban pics

Adhizen
May 27th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
May 27th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Wow the top pen looks different in the two photos. Is is a resin or some mother-of-pearl type inlay ?

Do the woody ones have a nice smell to them ?

Adhizen
May 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Wow the top pen looks different in the two photos. Is is a resin or some mother-of-pearl type inlay ?

Do the woody ones have a nice smell to them ?

The top one is abalone shell... its stuning to look at. It just dances with light and color. The briar wood ones feel great... not much of a scent... Although, I could scent it with some kind of essential oil.

Bogon07
May 27th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Abalone shell ! "Dances with light and colour" - a very apt description. And the three cowrie(?) shells on the pouch continue the theme. :cool:

I imagine you would need to be very careful of stains with essential oils.
Or a De Atramentis ink say Sandelwood or Fir. I thought they had a cedarwood one at one stage.

Adhizen
May 28th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Abalone shell ! "Dances with light and colour" - a very apt description. And the three cowrie(?) shells on the pouch continue the theme. :cool:

I imagine you would need to be very careful of stains with essential oils.
Or a De Atramentis ink say Sandelwood or Fir. I thought they had a cedarwood one at one stage.

The small bag with the cowries is one I made... It was near by so I used it as a photo prop...

I have a old Laban ball point that is made of some kind of pine and it has a pleasant piney scent. I will be cafeful with the essential oils... it was more of a "what a cool idea" in the moment thought...