PDA

View Full Version : New Online Vintage Pen Shop: Redeem Pens

penwash
March 18th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Hi FPGeek friends,

Will here, with an announcement for our quaint little village here on FPGeeks.
After selling my restored vintage pens and learning a few lessons in the past years, I finally made the decision to launch my own pen shop. This online shop has been in "soft-opening" mode for a 2 months now. And it's time to open it up more (with continuous improvement in mind).

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7882/32470230697_2d8dfab57e_z.jpg

(Those Instagram and Facebook icons are not for show, they actually work and will take you to see my other types of content)

At first I thought about making it like other websites where people can do click to buy, but then I thought some more and realized, that is not something I want to do.

What I love to do is to talk to people about vintage pens and be involved in their decision making. I find that this is the best way for me to ensure that my buyers are happy, and so far the result shows. I sold hundreds of pens and have two returns because the buyer were unhappy with the pen.

So in the end, this pen store is kinda like a throwback to the past where the proprietor chat with their customers, both new or long-time ones. But of course, I accept Paypal and all those digital convenience, and I ship anywhere USPS delivers in the world.

And here is the link to it: Redeempens.com (http://redeempens.com)

Don't worry, I won't start spamming this For Sale area beyond this short announcement, and I will remain active in the forum for the sake of our shared interest, which I enjoy very much.
See you in the Redeem Pen shop, and around.

- Will Gunadi

atheta
March 18th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Cannot open your "see the pens" ......

Sailor Kenshin
March 18th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Same here...it just spins and says 'Please wait...'

catbert
March 18th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Worked for me.

fountainpagan
March 18th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Worked for me.

Same here

FredRydr
March 18th, 2019, 11:12 AM
:bounce:

countrydirt
March 18th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Looks fantastic!

Jon Szanto
March 18th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Best wishes!

calamus
March 18th, 2019, 11:56 AM
A little out of my price range, but clearly a treasure trove for them what can afford it.

FredRydr
March 18th, 2019, 01:56 PM
A little out of my price range, but clearly a treasure trove for them what can afford it.

Goodness, if they are cleaned, sacced and adjusted (as I bet they are), penwash offers some great buys!

penwash
March 18th, 2019, 05:23 PM

Goodness, if they are cleaned, sacced and adjusted (as I bet they are), penwash offers some great buys!

Yessir! I don't sell unrestored or untested pens.

I do what is necessary for a pen, be it cleaning, re-sac, adjusted the nib/feed/section for inkflow, replace lever, j-bar, vacumatic plunger diaphragms, thread sealant, snorkel o-rings, vac filler packing units, safety pen seals (both Waterman and Moore styles), piston corks, even Japanese eye-dropper corks (the ones that will unscrew out of the body), and some odd filling mechanism that defies explanation! :)

penwash
March 18th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Cannot open your "see the pens" ......

Same here...it just spins and says 'Please wait...'

Oh no!! I wonder what could be wrong. That site has consistently getting about 20-30 visitors daily for the past month, and a healthy return visits too.
Could you try with different browser?

Jon Szanto
March 18th, 2019, 05:36 PM
No problems for me accessing the site and viewing pens. Two thoughts:

- time to update your .sig to have a link to this site, not just your Instagram feed
- when going to the site, it would be nice if the first pen was already 'selected' so that you view it in the right portion; when I first landed I thought "why is everything skewed left and all that space is on the right" - clicking on a pen showed that is where the 'preview' is.

Nicely done, just jotting this to you quickly...

Lloyd
March 18th, 2019, 05:59 PM
I've looked before and will continue looking now that you're announcing it. One thing, can you add the nib size/type in the table?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

azkid
March 18th, 2019, 06:16 PM
So many great pens. Wow. Congrats on the site and hope it works out brilliantly.

Site looks good on mobile (Android, Chrome) but it wasn't immediately obvious that the pic preview displayed upon selecting a row since the preview is below out of sight. A pop up dialog with next, prev, and close buttons would be a more standard/intuitive approach for mobile users but other options exist if analytics suggest it is necessary. Anyway just throwing that out there if it helps.

penwash
March 19th, 2019, 09:20 AM
No problems for me accessing the site and viewing pens. Two thoughts:

- time to update your .sig to have a link to this site, not just your Instagram feed
- when going to the site, it would be nice if the first pen was already 'selected' so that you view it in the right portion; when I first landed I thought "why is everything skewed left and all that space is on the right" - clicking on a pen showed that is where the 'preview' is.

Nicely done, just jotting this to you quickly...

Both great suggestions!!
Thank you, Jon!

penwash
March 19th, 2019, 09:24 AM
I've looked before and will continue looking now that you're announcing it. One thing, can you add the nib size/type in the table?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

Thank you for the support, Lloyd!
We'll have to see about adding the nib type on the table, because the table (on the left) can't be too wide, otherwise it'll start to overlap with the detail content on the right on some smaller screens.

penwash
March 19th, 2019, 09:25 AM
So many great pens. Wow. Congrats on the site and hope it works out brilliantly.

Site looks good on mobile (Android, Chrome) but it wasn't immediately obvious that the pic preview displayed upon selecting a row since the preview is below out of sight. A pop up dialog with next, prev, and close buttons would be a more standard/intuitive approach for mobile users but other options exist if analytics suggest it is necessary. Anyway just throwing that out there if it helps.

Thank you for the support and a great suggestion on the pop up.
The site was designed for desktop, but it'd be foolish for me to not make it friendlier for smaller screens of tablets and phones.

HoLmeslice
March 19th, 2019, 09:39 AM
This is good news! I’ve had great experiences dealing with Will, and look forward to browsing the new site, in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deb
March 19th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Great shop, Will! I wish you every success.

carlos.q
March 19th, 2019, 01:50 PM
Congratulations! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

penwash
March 19th, 2019, 06:18 PM
This is good news! I’ve had great experiences dealing with Will, and look forward to browsing the new site, in the near future.

Quinton my friend! Long time no chat, thank you so much for your support!

penwash
March 19th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Great shop, Will! I wish you every success.

Thank you for your support, Deb! :)

junglejim
March 19th, 2019, 07:29 PM
It's so good to see your pen shop back on-line. Congrats Will!! I had purchased a pen from Will in the past and it was a pleasure doing business with him. A scholar and a gentleman.

All the Best.

aaa55
March 19th, 2019, 08:12 PM
All the best! Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

penwash
March 20th, 2019, 09:19 AM
It's so good to see your pen shop back on-line. Congrats Will!! I had purchased a pen from Will in the past and it was a pleasure doing business with him. A scholar and a gentleman.

All the Best.

Too kind, Jim! :)
Thank you for your support.

Bisquitlips
March 21st, 2019, 10:08 PM
Awesome idea!

I have admired your "drawings" for years and now that you have a shop I will visit often.

Thanks!

PhotoJim
March 21st, 2019, 10:13 PM
I sent an email about the Duofold you had - but I didn't hear back. Perhaps it ended up in your spam folder?

penwash
March 21st, 2019, 11:23 PM
I sent an email about the Duofold you had - but I didn't hear back. Perhaps it ended up in your spam folder?

Hi Jim, indeed. I got the email now, will respond to you tomorrow.

PhotoJim
March 22nd, 2019, 02:15 PM

Hi Jim, indeed. I got the email now, will respond to you tomorrow.

Thanks Will. I'll wait to hear from you.