PDA

View Full Version : Is it advisable to use Diamine Shimmering inks with Waterman Caréne fountain pen?

bodobose
March 26th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Due to the unique design of Waterman Caréne fountain pen, will it advisable to use this pen with Diamine Shimmering inks?
I wonder because I suspect that the shimmering particles might clog the inside of the Caréne and it will be an herculean task to clean it later.
Will be very helpful if anyone of you who had used this combination shares the experience.
Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Chrissy
March 26th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Welcome to FPGeeks. :welcome:
I've used Diamine Shimmer inks in my Waterman Carene and all of my Waterman pens. I haven't experienced any problem cleaning them out of any of my pens. However, I'm very careful about cleaning pens.
I use an ear bulb for flushing and warm water with a bit of dishwashing detergent in there. Then flush again with clean water.
After cleaning I've closely examined nibs and feeds that I can get out of other Waterman pens (Phileas, Etalon, Hemisphere, Preface) and have seen really clean feeds.
I've found them no harder to clean out than some pigment inks that I've recently been using.
As long as you practice good pen hygiene you will be OK with whatever ink you use in a Carene. It has an enormous feed. :)

Jon Szanto
March 26th, 2019, 05:29 PM
I've got one (with a very nice stub nib) and I wouldn't dream of putting particulate/glitter inks in there. There is so much trouble in the world, why ask for more?

Sailor Kenshin
March 27th, 2019, 07:37 AM
I don't use shimmer inks in any pen costing more than a few bucks...and wet writers show the shimmer.

Chrissy
March 27th, 2019, 09:38 AM
I don't use them in my piston fillers, but any of my C/C pens is fair game. I'm confident about my cleaning out capabilities with all of those. ;)