PDA

View Full Version : M1000 in the house

Dai Capp
March 28th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Just got my first Pelikan - an M1000 in green...

Lovely pen that's beautifully made but how big is that nib! It's huge...

Think I may yet be availing Pelikan of a nib swap - I have a broad and it's a real gusher and super broad. No great surprise but I think, while I like a broad nib, i could get away with a medium or even a fine.

None the less it's a stunning pen and a beautiful writer - I very happy to have joined the Pelikan fold!

carlos.q
March 28th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Welcome to FPG and the Pelikan club! I also found the M1000 nib to be impressive and much too wet for me (I had a medium nib)

AzJon
March 28th, 2019, 04:03 PM
I got to try the M1000 recently. That nib is massive! In general, whatever size you like normally, you should order a size lower from Pelikan. I use mediums and got my recent pen with a fine because the medium was very broad. I don't think I could write legibly with a broad.

Dai Capp
March 28th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the welcome Carlos - pretty sure a fine will do me and thanks AzJon, the legibility is a issue with my broad for my writing so I'd be of the same mind as you and go for the fine. I've dropped a line to the UK distributor for a nib swap to a fine so we'll see what happens...

Voiren
March 28th, 2019, 04:40 PM
For the M1000, whatever Pelikan nib size you like, go down one!

BayesianPrior
March 28th, 2019, 04:54 PM

Do they come in XXF? :rofl:

AzJon
March 28th, 2019, 05:11 PM

Do they come in XXF? :rofl:

I mean...with the right nibmeister they can!

Actually, I wonder if they would do that for the "S" nib in Hamburg.

SchaumburgSwan
March 28th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Actually, I wonder if they would do that for the "S" nib in Hamburg.

Well, I think they prefer to deal with their bespoke nibs in Peine/Vöhrum... ;-)

Best
Jens

inklord
March 29th, 2019, 03:56 AM
... congrats on the new "big Pelikan". even my green M400 in F needed a nib regrind - now it's a "medium cursive italic". mind you, without changing the width of the downstroke, and it's still a tad wider than a Masuyama medium cursive italic! but they are gorgeous pens...