PDA

View Full Version : What paper size is this

ndw76
May 29th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Recently my office was repainted and when everything was moved I found a pile of old looking paper that I have been using for writing letters. This paper is great for letter writing. It is thin enough to be lite for the post and be able to clearly see the line guide through. It is absorbent enough to be able to handle my wettest writers and shows no signs of feathering. But the most weird thing about this paper is its size. It measures 14 inches by 8 1/4 inches. I have never seen paper that looks like this before. I imagine it is old, as everything in the cabinet where I found it was at least from the 80's. The width is a bit thinner than normal A4 but the length is about one and a half sheets of A4.

Does anyone have any idea what size paper this might be, or what it was originally used for? Is this an old letter writing sized paper?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers,

Nathan

Nomdeplume
May 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Legal size measures 8.5 x 14? Could that be it?
But it also sounds like it might be onion skin weight?

I like mango pudding
May 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
That's standard legal size paper. Nothing odd about it. MSOffice even has a standard selection for it when printing and page displaying.

thagbert
May 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM
That's standard legal size paper. Nothing odd about it. MSOffice even has a standard selection for it when printing and page displaying.

In the U.S. that is.

I like mango pudding
May 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
hmmm, didn't think of that.

mmccabe_
May 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Sounds like legal size to me too. This is what I generally use as a reference!

thagbert
May 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Metric

kps
May 29th, 2013, 03:52 PM
US Legal is 8½ × 14 (wider than A4). 8¼ × 14 is an uncommon size called “Special A4”.