PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Safaris from Goulet Now

VertOlive
April 20th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I purchased the green and pink. Kinda Easter basket looking...but I like them.

https://i.imgur.com/xr6oOz0.jpg?1

VertOlive
April 26th, 2019, 06:27 AM
Received them, then went back for the blue, too.

arrow
April 26th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Are Safaris that good? I haven't tried many, but they have the stiff steel nibs. The ones had a fine to medium nib, sort of 0.5 to 0.7 m.m., very neat line with even ink flow.

VertOlive
April 27th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Are Safaris that good? I haven't tried many, but they have the stiff steel nibs. The ones had a fine to medium nib, sort of 0.5 to 0.7 m.m., very neat line with even ink flow.

It's a thing.

inklord
April 27th, 2019, 11:59 AM

... that cool, uh? :) (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)

VertOlive
April 27th, 2019, 03:15 PM

... that cool, uh? :) (they looked too cavity-inducing to me, so I abstained this time); really like the matching rings...
my next Safari(esque) obsession is to purchase the upcoming LAMY "Joy"in white with red clip, cap jewel and ring, together with a regular white "Safari", then toss the "Safari" cap and grip section together with the "Joy" barrel (not into the garbage, but into the spare parts box) theeeen scew the remaining parts together and - voilá - a white safari with red ring, red cap jewel and red clip. Pop the converter (with the red twisty-thingy) in, load some R&K "Morinda" and be content (until the next "Safari" obsession starts...)

PICS!!!

inklord
April 28th, 2019, 08:18 AM

PICS!!!
that's the "Joy" from which to build the "Safari", basically by switching the barrel for a white "Safari" barrel... (available in June at Goulet's)

Chrissy
July 20th, 2019, 02:02 AM
That sounds like such a great idea. :thumb: I wish I had thought of it while I was in Florida. :(