PDA

View Full Version : Monster Sheaffer Balance (Off-Catalogue) Collection for Viewing at Raleigh Pen Show

david i
May 29th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Hi,

One of the charms of attending pen shows is the chance to examine choice personal collections. There has been hefty debate in the pen community regarding who has the most comprehensive collection of 1930's Sheaffer Balance pens with off-catalogue cap-bands. Whether I do or my friend Pat does is a point of uncertainty. We had planned to meet at the Raleigh Pen Show and reprise our seminar on this topic, last done two years ago, but Pat cannot attend this year. So, the question might not be settled this year. But, I will be bringing my Balances of this sort, save for the most common of that kind, the Jeweler's (lined) cap-band pens. But, double, triple, fish-scale and more will be shown in a superb Menash pen case. I also will bring a copy of the PENnant Magazine article I threw together on this subject last year.

Do come to the Raleigh Pen Show. Stop by my table. Here's a quick peek. I'm still loading pens, but this is a good chunk of 'em... None of these have the single smooth cap-band found in the 1930's Sheaffer catalogues.

http://www.vacumania.com/penteech2/sheafferbalance_off_catalogue2013_May1000a.jpg

regards

david

david i
May 31st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Update.

Looks now as though the seminar about these pens will be Sat 230pm.

regrds

david

jacksterp
June 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Got to see these along with other collections of David's.

There are beyond belief!