PDA

View Full Version : Loss averted

countrydirt
May 9th, 2019, 07:11 PM
I took students to a contest this weekend. I drove a school vehicle. 8 high schoolers and me jammed together in Ford Excursion made for a close time. On the morning of our return, the back window, in a series of comical misadventures of luggage, rain, wet hands and slow reflexes, the rear window of the vehicle went into many small pieces. This resulted in us slow driving around the city slowly to find a glass repair shop that could patch us up with heavy duty saran wrap which allowed us to return to our own school with a noisy, yet dry ride home.

Anyway, when we pulled up to the school, the office had arranged for a new window to be replaced and the glass company was sitting in the parking lot ready to get to work. So we quickly and somewhat haphazardly unloaded all of our gear from the vehicle and quickly turned over the keys. Somehow, in all of the hustle and bustle, I moved my bags, briefcase and UNZIPPED planner binder to my own vehicle and headed to my house. As I unpacked I realized that I couldn't find my TWSBI Eco which normally lives in my planner binder. I was a little bummed, but hoped that the pen might have fallen out in the school vehicle and I could find it in the morning.

The next morning I drove up to my normal parking spot and what did I spy lying right on the ground near where I park. I opened the door and looked down at the ground and there it was! No scratches, cracks or anything.

I should have gone and bought a lottery ticket!

FredRydr
May 9th, 2019, 07:14 PM
:thumb:

carlos.q
May 9th, 2019, 07:18 PM
You are definitely very lucky!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Farmboy
May 9th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Most people I know would have drove over it parking.

countrydirt
May 9th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Most people I know would have drove over it parking.

Last one out of the lot and first one back in. I have my spot that NO ONE parks in except me this time of year, so I got really lucky to be able to spot it and avoid running over it myself.

Chrissy
May 9th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Lucky you. :thumb: