PDA

View Full Version : TWSBI Go broad nib too broad

SLM
May 10th, 2019, 12:57 PM
So after much deliberation and dilemma I got a Go with the broad nib and it's definitely way broader than I expected. From reading and checking out the nib nook tool I was expecting the Go broad to be about a Lamy M. It's actually broader than the Lamy broads I have. I find them fun here and there but too wide for an everyday pen so this one is definitely too broad for me.

I do like the TWSBI and I'd like to have one I can use every day.

I find the Luoshi M's to be a nice size, the Lamy M is nice and oddly enough I like the Jinhao F in the 992.

Based on the above, can someone please recommend what TWSBI Go nib size would be between the Jinhao F and the Lamy M?

It's my understanding that the Go uses a custom number 4 sized nib so it can't be swapped out right?

Thanks!

arrow
May 10th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Why on earth did you think a Broad TWSBI would be something in-between a fine and a medium? ;- )

Have you seen this (http://i.imgur.com/QIB8pvr.jpg) comparison? I tend to go for fine to medium my self, sometimes extra fine, even stub, I need them all. Sometimes the line can turn out a bit broader with some models that let out more ink.

SLM
May 10th, 2019, 05:03 PM
No, I hadn't seen that. Thanks! In that picture it looks like the TWSBI medium is between the Lamy F and M.

I looked at the nib nook on Goulet and it looks on there to me like the TWSBI broad was pretty close, maybe a little finer, than the Lamy M.

Maybe a medium Go would be more what I want.

arrow
May 10th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Maybe there's a store you can go and try them? These things are fuzzy, I have a medium pen that is between a Lamy fine and medium too, a chinese hand made barrel, possibly a Delike feed and nib, but there is no marks on embossing to go by.

SLM
May 11th, 2019, 12:26 PM
I definitely wish I had a pen store close that was decent. There really isn't anything in my area.

At least the Go is reasonable in cost and the broad nib will be fun with shimmer and shading inks so it's not a terrible purchase.

Now I just have to decide between the F and M for a second one.

The 580 M in the picture you posted looks a bit finer than the Lamy M and I think that would be about right.