PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Going to the Chicago Pen Show?

eriquito
March 15th, 2010, 10:35 PM
The Chicago Pen Show will run from April 29 to May 2, 2010.

Anyone going?

I'll be there. I've already sent away for my "weekend pass."

I'll be driving from southern California. Road Trip! =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

dannzeman
March 17th, 2010, 10:38 AM
You betcha. Count me in! It's gonna be my first pen show. I can't wait!!

eriquito
March 17th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Your first pen show. Coolness!

Which days are you going? Perhaps we can do lunch?

Anyone else?

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Kelly G
March 24th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Alas - no. In the nine years I've been accumulating pens I've yet to be able to attend a show - one of these days...

dannzeman
March 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Alas - no. In the nine years I've been accumulating pens I've yet to be able to attend a show - one of these days...

I never would have guessed that. you should make eriquito tell you all his stories from both of the LA Peb Shows he's been to.

Sent from my HTC HERO using Tapatalk

eriquito
March 27th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Oh Kelly G, yes, absolutely, you *must* attend a pen show "one of these days..."

Keep it on your to-do list. A pen show is one of the ways we can re-live the "kid in a candy store" feeling.

Come to Chicago! You're not too far away =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Bucolic Buffalo
April 15th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I will be to the west of you folks that weekend in St. Charles at the Chicagoland International Pipes & Tobacciana show held at Pheasant Run resort. Actually from Wednesday though Sunday. Being from downstate, my distaste for heavy traffic is the reason I won't make an appearance at the Pen show. But y'all have fun.

eriquito
April 16th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Being from downstate, my distaste for heavy traffic is the reason I won't make an appearance at the Pen show.

Is there heavy traffic in Chicago?
I mean... heavier than Los Angeles?

You'll be so close to the pen show! Surely there's a commuter train that could bring you to the party for a few hours on Saturday?

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar