PDA

View Full Version : Ology Bagasse?

Honey Mustard
May 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hello, all. I came across Ology brand bagasse & bamboo (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ology-bright-white-treeless-copy-paper%2c-400-sheets/ID=prod6154051-product) paper at my local Walgreens and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it and could tell me if it is FP friendly or not. I like Staples bagasse paper but don't enjoy the bright white color with tan lines, and would really like another brand. I love the grey tint this brand has (despite being labeled "bright white") but would have no use for it if it isn't FP friendly.

ETA - I came across this website (http://www.heartsandlaserbeams.com/2013/01/23/shopping-green-walgreens-ology-products/)where the reviewer said "It’s great basic copy paper stuff, made for copiers, printers, and fax machines. But the best part? When I’m inking my doodles, it doesn’t have as much ink spread as standard copy paper. Which I loved."

So it seems like it may in fact be FP friendly.

Honey Mustard
July 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Quick update

Well, I couldn't find any more information on this paper, so I ended up picking up a pack a few weeks ago out of curiosity. So far I can say it is definitely fountain pen friendly. Not Rhodia quality, but quite comparable to Staples brand bagasse paper. For the price I definitely recommend picking up a pack, it's well worth it.

KrazyIvan
July 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Sounds interesting. I may have to add a pack to the school supply list.

Honey Mustard
July 31st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Update #2

I just ran into Walgreens to pick up some mailing envelopes and noticed they had the packages on sale for $3.99. So now's a good time to buy if you're interested.

fiberdrunk
July 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Update #2

I just ran into Walgreens to pick up some mailing envelopes and noticed they had the packages on sale for $3.99. So now's a good time to buy if you're interested.

That's a good price. When I went last week, it was $6! Sheesh! I didn't buy it then, but maybe I'll swing by this week now that the price is lower. Thanks for the heads up.

ardgedee
August 1st, 2013, 06:35 PM
That's a good price. When I went last week, it was $6! Sheesh! I didn't buy it then, but maybe I'll swing by this week now that the price is lower. Thanks for the heads up.

I just picked up a package. It's $3.99, but only with a Walgreens discount card. (Which is free to get, but a nuisance.)

Since you're in North Carolina, you should pick up a pack tomorrow -- it'll be discounted and the state has a tax holiday on school supplies from Friday through some time next week.