PDA

View Full Version : Conklin and Monteverde sale at Goulet's

Patchy
May 13th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Anyone buy anything from the Conklin and Monteverde sale at Goulet Pens today?

I am still pretty new to the fountain pen world, but when I first started doing some looking around at all the different pens and such, I came across the Monteverde Invincia Deluxe and thought it was a really nice looking pen. To me at this point in my pen life, looks are still high on the list of things that cause me to look at a particular pen. The Invincia Deluxe was $135 and that was too much for a pen at the time, so I put it on my watch list.

Today, Goulet sent out an email about a sale on some Conklin and Monteverde hardware and I was happy to see the Invincia Deluxe was almost half off! Needless to say, I jumped. I wanted to buy a new nib for one of my other pens anyway, so why not pick up a pen I've wanted for a little while?

Monteverde Invincia Deluxe Black (https://shop.monteverdepens.com/pens/invincia/invincia-deluxe-collection/invincia-deluxe-fp-black.html)

Cookedj
May 13th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Let me give you a secret..... If you goto Amazon and look under deals of the day, then look in the warehouse for fountain pens, you can find them for under $100. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I can show you. :(:(47043

Patchy
May 13th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Well damn. Haha.

Jon Szanto
May 13th, 2019, 05:03 PM
All I can say is "good luck" with the quality assurance on either brand.

Cookedj
May 14th, 2019, 06:08 AM
I keep hearing good luck with Monteverde's, but they have been nothing but great for me.

Patchy
May 14th, 2019, 09:50 AM
I’ve also heard a few people mentioning they’ve had bad experiences with these brands. I already own a Conklin pen that I have had absolutely no problems from. Maybe I’ll have that same “luck” with the Monteverde. If not, it’s not like I will be out tons of money.