PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a bunch of Pelikans ... plus

cedargirl
May 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
A ready made collection of German pens-

http://www.ebay.de/itm/PEN-COLLECTION-FUELLER-MONTBLANC-SCHLANGE-BABY-OSMIA-PARKER-ETC-/271215202483?pt=B%C3%BCro_Papier_Schreiben&hash=item3f25af90b3

PSmith
May 30th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Wow.

If I win the lottery within the next 6 days and 17 hours, I'm going to place a bid.

Laura N
May 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah, no.

tandaina
May 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Holy CRAP!

whych
May 31st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Holy CRAP!
Those should keep your pen rotation rotating pretty fast ;)

rick propas
June 1st, 2013, 05:16 AM
Thought you might like some insight on how large purchases work. I've done a few and they are, by turns, exciting and nerve wracking. I did my last big purchase in November and am still sitting on about half the pens.

For someone like me (a collector/dealer) that collection might actually be worth acquiring for resale (with a handful of pens for myself, of course). There are some pretty nice pens in there, like the MB snake clip safety (one or two of those?) which could be worth $2000 each, not to mention what look to be a couple of silver band 149s as well as the RMHR MB safety and some others. There are a couple thousand worth of everyday Pelikans. The Parkers are pedestrian. The others, hard to say what they are or what their value. But without being there it would be hard to determine whether there is the retail value (let alone wholesale) to justify the price. Then there is condition.

Were I seriously interested, I'd have to get in touch with the guy or gal, and see what sort of bottom line financial demands there are. But at the end of the day, I'd have to either get her or him to ship on approval (customs would be possibly a nightmare) or go out there or have her or him come here.

And at the end of the day you have all those pens to deal with, some of which will follow you to your grave.

peterpen53
June 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the insight, Rick. I really don't know what's customary in this branch but the seller would prefer cash after examination on site in Mannheim. With my european auditor's background that always makes me a bit apprehensive.
Oh well... to each his own.

Tortoises anyone?

cedargirl
June 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Presumably the seller would make an inventory available to a prospective buyer, but even then, due diligence would take some time.

gentlyom
June 1st, 2013, 09:30 PM
That's a magnificent lot of pens!! Glad to see that we have accounting people here!! Although I am not exactly an auditor, I am a tax preparer.