PDA

View Full Version : Delta (Not the Airline)

Tracy Lee
May 30th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I didn't see a thread for Delta so I am creating one. This arrived today and I am looking forward to inking up and seeing how it does. This is the new Fusion 82 and I got the stub nib. I am not wild about the black and crystal quasi-demonstrator styling, and it's lighter than I like, but I got a staggeringly good price, appreciate Delta quality, and am very intrigued with this nib and the technology. I wonder why they made so few?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

earthdawn
May 30th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Oh yea... beautiful!!!

I have a Delta Fusion 82 LE in Brown from Pen Time... Love the stub nib. Plus I can swap it between my Delta Dolce Vita ;)

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/B83BA107-A960-4E0E-843F-3309AA19281F-4984-00000163F4CB4C04_zpsc13c422d.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/B83BA107-A960-4E0E-843F-3309AA19281F-4984-00000163F4CB4C04_zpsc13c422d.jpg.html)
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/IMG_2465_zps47d01427.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/IMG_2465_zps47d01427.jpg.html)
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/3746086C-1839-435E-9C32-AFDDC67E834F-373-0000000E96EA0B3B.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/3746086C-1839-435E-9C32-AFDDC67E834F-373-0000000E96EA0B3B.jpg.html)

Bogon07
May 30th, 2013, 06:04 PM
TracyLee congratulations on the new Delta. I quite like the look it is better than the yellow/clear I saw recently. Sort of like having dried up ink stuck inside the barrel and cap. :dirol:
Nice stubby looking nib - duh I suppose that is what the S is for. It is a cartridge filler by the looks of it.

Earthdawn your Delta Fusion 82 LE in Brown is very pretty. A luscious pearlised caramel.

Thanks for showing off tempting examples of yet other Italian brand.

Tracy Lee
May 30th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I have a Dolce Vita oversize, interesting factoid about the nib. I may need to look at that. The only photo I have of my Dolce Vita right now is . . .

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/31/esa8e4uv.jpg

john
May 30th, 2013, 08:47 PM
I didn't see a thread for Delta so I am creating one. This arrived today and I am looking forward to inking up and seeing how it does. This is the new Fusion 82 and I got the stub nib. I am not wild about the black and crystal quasi-demonstrator styling, and it's lighter than I like, but I got a staggeringly good price, appreciate Delta quality, and am very intrigued with this nib and the technology. I wonder why they made so few?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2Oh my god, you pick my secret love, Tracy:)

john
May 30th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I have a Dolce Vita oversize, interesting factoid about the nib. I may need to look at that. The only photo I have of my Dolce Vita right now is . . .

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/31/esa8e4uv.jpg
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2May I adopt your kitty, let my puppy has a companion:hug: What a lovely Dolce Vita.

Laura N
May 30th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I have to point out that your new pen goes nicely with your beautiful cat. :)

I look forward to hearing about this pen. Delta pens look great, though I'm partial to the Dolce Vita.

dannzeman
May 30th, 2013, 11:59 PM

Where did you buy yours from? If you got it from Bryant at PenTime then that would explain it. It's kind of his "deal" to create exclusive, limited pieces.

••• Sent from my mobile. Please excuse my brevity. •••

Tracy Lee
May 31st, 2013, 05:15 AM

Where did you buy yours from? If you got it from Bryant at PenTime then that would explain it. It's kind of his "deal" to create exclusive, limited pieces.

EBay, from Italian Pens. I have bought from them before and happy with the result. This auction closed under $100! :eek: Maybe because of the Stub? I was shocked. My highest bid was set at half of MSRP. I was delighted. I have purchased from Bryant before, too, and highly recommend him as well.

Tracy Lee
May 31st, 2013, 05:19 AM
May I adopt your kitty, let my puppy has a companion:hug: What a lovely Dolce Vita.

Thank you, and funny you should say that! Spot is a unique cat, and we actually rescued a fourth cat because I felt like he needed a pet. He tried so hard to be friends with our dog ( rest her soul, we miss her) but she was too old and had no patience for the attempts at affection. But he was fantastic with the new kitten and it has worked out beautifully.

Tracy Lee
May 31st, 2013, 05:21 AM
I have to point out that your new pen goes nicely with your beautiful cat. :)

I look forward to hearing about this pen. Delta pens look great, though I'm partial to the Dolce Vita.

Oh I agree. I have had my Dolce Vita for 5 years and I love it. I was lost when I needed the nib repaired but they worked fast and now it is even better than before. Plus, it's an eyedropper and once I finally understood what that meant and gave it a try (last weekend) I fell in love just a little bit more. :)

dannzeman
May 31st, 2013, 07:10 AM

EBay, from Italian Pens. I have bought from them before and happy with the result. This auction closed under $100! :eek: Maybe because of the Stub? I was shocked. My highest bid was set at half of MSRP. I was delighted. I have purchased from Bryant before, too, and highly recommend him as well.
Wow, that's a shockingly good price! Congrats! I've always enjoyed Delta's factory stubs, excellent writers!

Tracy Lee
May 31st, 2013, 12:20 PM

Wow, that's a shockingly good price! Congrats! I've always enjoyed Delta's factory stubs, excellent writers!

I noticed several others up for auction right after (from the same place) and they started bidding at $199. :)

john
May 31st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Why I can't find this Delta fusion demo is under $100:cry: $199 is the starting bid from Italian pen:cry:

earthdawn
May 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Awesome deal... You have to follow his listings.. sometime they are high starting $ and some at $1 ...

You can score some wicked deals. Bryant @ Pentime is on ebay as well and will sometimes let things go really cheap or at least to the true highest bidder.

Tracy Lee
May 31st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Why I can't find this Delta fusion demo is under $100:cry: $199 is the starting bid from Italian pen:cry:

John, I saw one that is not black and white but another color scheme, and bidding began at $1. I just happened to see it come up on my saved searches. Have faith! :D

john
May 31st, 2013, 07:48 PM
Awesome deal... You have to follow his listings.. sometime they are high starting $ and some at $1 ...

You can score some wicked deals. Bryant @ Pentime is on ebay as well and will sometimes let things go really cheap or at least to the true highest bidder.
I bought the Opera club from Bryant which is very good price.

john
May 31st, 2013, 07:49 PM

John, I saw one that is not black and white but another color scheme, and bidding began at $1. I just happened to see it come up on my saved searches. Have faith! :DI should search carefully.

john
May 31st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Tracy, can this Fusion demo be converted into an eyedropper? I like the ink flows inside the barrel .

earthdawn
May 31st, 2013, 09:31 PM
@ John: They are plastic on plastic threading with no metal internals, so converting these to eyedroppers is no problem. A little silicone greese around the theads to seal it up does the trick.

The thing to be careful with is ink stains... especially with a clear one. I know Stephen Brown converted his Delta Dolce Vita to an eye-dropper and the bright orange marble pattern was darker due to the ink inside. So while it works, great caution should used when doing this.

Best example I can think of would be using Noodlers Bay State Blue... now that would be a mistake as it would certainly stain... and stain on a permanent level.

Edit: I will say this as well. If you feel the pen is too light doing this will add some weight as it will hold a lot of ink lol.

john
June 1st, 2013, 03:17 AM
@ John: They are plastic on plastic threading with no metal internals, so converting these to eyedroppers is no problem. A little silicone greese around the theads to seal it up does the trick.

The thing to be careful with is ink stains... especially with a clear one. I know Stephen Brown converted his Delta Dolce Vita to an eye-dropper and the bright orange marble pattern was darker due to the ink inside. So while it works, great caution should used when doing this.

Best example I can think of would be using Noodlers Bay State Blue... now that would be a mistake as it would certainly stain... and stain on a permanent level.

Edit: I will say this as well. If you feel the pen is too light doing this will add some weight as it will hold a lot of ink lol.Thanks for your advice. I just use Diamine ink and knowing that Bay state blue will stain anything.
Thanks.

Tracy Lee
June 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM

Edit: I will say this as well. If you feel the pen is too light doing this will add some weight as it will hold a lot of ink lol.

Thanks Earthdawn! I am just understanding the eyedropper concept myself, and only just realized my DolceVita oversized is designed to be one. I finally filled it with ink and it is awesome. It does alter the orange color of the body ( I am using J. Herbin Vert Empire) but that doesn't bother me, the flow is astounding in this medium nib and I am happy as a pig in slop. So I was eyeballing this Fusion and thinking it might well be perfect for use as an eyedropper for all the reasons you say above. I may give it a try, and if I do I will share the result. The pen is so light for me, I like the idea of more weight from the ink and it would hold a great deal as you say.

john
June 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM

Thanks Earthdawn! I am just understanding the eyedropper concept myself, and only just realized my DolceVita oversized is designed to be one. I finally filled it with ink and it is awesome. It does alter the orange color of the body ( I am using J. Herbin Vert Empire) but that doesn't bother me, the flow is astounding in this medium nib and I am happy as a pig in slop. So I was eyeballing this Fusion and thinking it might well be perfect for use as an eyedropper for all the reasons you say above. I may give it a try, and if I do I will share the result. The pen is so light for me, I like the idea of more weight from the ink and it would hold a great deal as you say.Tracy, if the fusion demo converted into an eyedropper, it will be awesome. The black pattern will be emphasized by the ink. I found the fusion demo with white pattern which looks cool as an eyedropper.

Tracy Lee
July 1st, 2013, 07:05 AM
My small Delta family as of today. The blue Activa arrived about two weeks ago with a broad nib and is a good writer. The teensy red girlie pen arrived this weekend. So not my style but drawn to it. Too Small for a converter so is cartridge only? That is what they think. The red is a solid single piece on inspection so making it an eyedropper! :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Bogon07
July 1st, 2013, 04:49 PM
Only four so far! How long until you reach double figures ?

The blue Activa has nice lines.
The red one has a very severe taper to it and looks very cute. It appears to have a fancy engagement ring on the cap too. Nice pearlescence in the red body. What type of nib did it come with ?

Tracy Lee
July 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM
I am working on it!! :-) The red one is advertised to be a "ladies" pen so it is stereotypically dainty, with the crystals I guess because girls like their bling? Nib is medium and nothing fancy, but I haven't written with it yet. The blue feels much like a Parker, actually, which is good. The other two I used all day writing letters. The Fusion has been converted to an eyedropper with happy success. The big orange has been in eyedropper configuration for months now.

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
I really like the look of that Fusion 82. I like the nib too but wish they would drop the "heater nib" technology advertising. I may ignore their adverts and get one eventually. I just like how the nib looks.

I only have one Delta that I purchased a while back. I have the Scrigno in a bold nib. It is a big pen.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8428/7750574746_966f8d22e2_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7750574746/)
20120807_112350.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7750574746/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Here it is next to my Edison Herald Grande.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8293/7750587536_ba97e0d305_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7750587536/)
20120807_154638.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7750587536/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

and the "secret" cap compartment:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8429/7750587710_b5bd408521_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7750587710/)
20120807_154559.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7750587710/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Tracy Lee
July 2nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
Oh, I really, really like that Delta! Thanks for sharing, just gorgeous.

Bogon07
July 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
KI, nice pen. Does the barrel have a light side and a dark side or is that due to the flash or angle ?

Is that a TIE fighter hovering above the pen stand keeping guard ?

I wonder if I could collect just one and only one Delta pen :confused:

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2013, 11:38 PM
KI, nice pen. Does the barrel have a light side and a dark side or is that due to the flash or angle ?

It is the lighting. The darker pic is more true to life. Yes that is a TIE Fighter. It must have been flying overhead. :D

Tracy Lee
July 3rd, 2013, 05:02 AM

No. Does that help? :):p. The variety and types of Delta are astonishing - so many and a wide price range.

snedwos
July 3rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
I went to a talk, and one of the speaker's interventions was basically a rant about the Limited Edition culture. In particular, he noted that Delta released a limited edition pen, on average, every 1.7 months.

Which is just stupid.

penultress
July 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Tracy, I think your pen is beautiful! And I'm jealous that you got such a great price!

I have two Fusion 82s, a black F and a brown S. The brown is the darker pearl, not the limited edition one like earthdawn's from Bryant. I love writing with these pens. I think the ink flow is so smooth.

Have you had a chance to write with yours yet? Have you decided to convert it to an eyedropper? I'd love to see that!

Tracy Lee
July 3rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
I have noticed that, but I don't often seek out LEs. I like the Delta for the size, weight, and how they write. But I agree they overdo the whole LE thing.

Bogon07
July 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
I went to a talk, and one of the speaker's interventions was basically a rant about the Limited Edition culture. In particular, he noted that Delta released a limited edition pen, on average, every 1.7 months.

Which is just stupid.
It is not that stupid from a business point of view if customers keep buying them.
It is unfortunate for any OCD collectors' budgets.
However it does give them something to lookforward to a a regular basis but a new one at less than two montly intervals would seem to devalue their special-ness.

The figure could be slightly inflated when company's release several LEs at once.

Tracy Lee
July 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Wanted to share some pen porn of new acquisitions. This is the Dolce Vita Star LE. It came with a medium nib. This is #4/23. Hard to capture the green, but it is lovely.

Tracy Lee
July 13th, 2013, 07:46 AM
This is the second Delta Fusion 82 I have purchased. It has a black matte finish, with gold accents. This fusion nib is a medium (my other is a stub). Its sort of bullet shape is rather cool, actually, and the finish is really smooth. Sort of shows oils from your hand, but wipes off readily. Really different from my other pens.

Tracy Lee
July 13th, 2013, 08:04 AM
One more, these are little bit better pictures of the Activa. Broad nib, a good writer circa late 90's. Nothing fancy about this one, just solid. It is very subtle, but the steel around the grip section has a curve upward across the top of the nib. It isn't just a flat round section. I'm not sure I am explaining that well.

earthdawn
July 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM
This is the second Delta Fusion 82 I have purchased. It has a black matte finish, with gold accents. This fusion nib is a medium (my other is a stub). Its sort of bullet shape is rather cool, actually, and the finish is really smooth. Sort of shows oils from your hand, but wipes off readily. Really different from my other pens.

Thats a stealthy lookin' Fusion !!!

Whats it made of ?

Me likey :)

Tracy Lee
July 13th, 2013, 05:18 PM
It's a polished resin, very smooth to the touch (almost slippery) and not terribly heavy. I see there is another on EBay right now, bidding starts at .99. I like the fusion nibs, my other one is a stub and I have really enjoyed it. Great flow and super smooth.

Bogon07
July 14th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Three very beautiful pens. Love the look of the Dolce Vita Star LE. There is something Parkerish about the Activa. And I also like the understated elegance of the Fusion82, the stain look goes well with the gold fittings. I hope they all write as good as they look.

Tracy Lee
July 14th, 2013, 05:17 AM
So far so good, and you are so right about the Parker comment. If the pen were a little less fat, you would not tell the difference I think. All writing beautifully and more testing will be done today as I catch up on my letters!

stevekolt
July 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I have 2 of the Fusion 82's inbound. 1 Limited Edition from Chatterly's in yellow, and 1 from Paradise Pen in Blue, both with extra fine nibs. Beautiful pictures in this thread BTW...

Josh
August 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I have a Delta Dolce Vita, it is the medium size with converter, and although I love the way it write and feels, I am a little disappointed with the quality of the band around the cap. I see all of these other pens with the band being perfect and mine looks like it is smashed, all the way around and the design is not very clear. I tried to get a photo but my camera would not focus enough to show exactly what I am talking about. The only other complaint I have about the pen is that because the cap is so large, when posted it really throws the balance off for me.

I just ordered a Fusion 82 and am hoping it writes as nice and because it lacks the ornamentation of the Dolce Vita, I am sure it will look flawless.

earthdawn
August 10th, 2013, 10:31 PM
@ Josh

What you may like is that you can swap the nibs on the Dolce Vita and Fusion 82 ;)

What nib did you order on your Fusion?

Josh
August 11th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Just a standard medium, hoping it writes similar to the Dolce Vita.

Tracy Lee
August 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
The Fusion 82 writes a little differently than their non-fusion nibs. I have mediums in both, and find the fusion stiffer, less wet. Still, both are great in their own right.

Steph
August 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Delta debuted this affordable pen at the DC Pen Show. I picked it up from Anderson Pens and I'm giving it a whirl today. The Serena: 4697

I think Delta did a good job with the acrylic. It has a lot of depth and chatoyance.

The engraving on the nib is pretty.
This one is a steel nib, in fine.

I filled it with Iroshizuku Asa-gai and so far it's proving to be a smooth writer. I'll come back with more in depth report after using it for a few more days.

stevekolt
August 13th, 2013, 04:29 PM
What is the name for the new model?

Tracy Lee
August 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
That is a great pen! I saw those . . . I am still trying to get used to the dark nib. But that red is stunning!!

Steph
August 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Steve, the pen is the Serena.

Tracy, isn't the red cool? The blue is equally amazing, but 1) I have a lot of blue pens and 2) I am always on the look out for a red pen for Chinese New Year (my last, a red Omas 360 Mezzo, was sadly stolen).

Brian Anderson
August 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Steph, I know you'll want that blue too once it comes to the states. I think they'd make a great pair!

How is the 360 Magnum? Is it as great as it looked? ;-)

earthdawn
August 14th, 2013, 02:32 PM
@ Steph

Nice looking pen !!!

What is the section made of ?

Steph
August 14th, 2013, 10:19 PM
It's the same metallic/titanium-looking material, but it's not slippery at all. Also there is a lip at the end of the section that helps prevent your fingers from sliding down.

youstruckgold
August 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I love the Fusion! I have two - one from FP.it and 1 from Anderson Pens - just lovely to both look at and write with:

earthdawn
August 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM
@ youstruckgold

I had seen pics of the Fusion from FP.it ... Beautiful !!!

Love mine as well.. though it is a Chattery LE one. I got mine in a stub nib that is buttery smooth and does not disappoint.

What nib sizes did you get?

youstruckgold
August 23rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
I have the stub on the FP.it as well. From what I read this is clearly a popular, no problem choice. On the brown I have a Medium nib. Of course the FP.it is piston and has an ink window too (added bonuses)!

Bogon07
August 27th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Tracy Lee's Delta dusted INOWRIMO letters ultimately had an effect and interrupted my Visconti collecting with this Delta Dolecevita Fusion Star Italiana Brown LE from Pentime/Chatterley Pens. Ordered on the 19August and amazingly delivered 22August2013, now that is very fast from USA to Australia. It was securely packed in three postal bags and a box.
The photos were taken at night under a yellowish neon light so I've used colour correction.

Included was a small bottle of Delta Black Ink.
The Delta Dolcevita in all it's glory. #05/10 a very Limited Edition. There is a small ink window to check the leve.
A power filler was seen by the big knurled knob under the blind cap.
The pen has a smooth satin almost matt finish. Which feels nice to hold and looks good enough to eat like expensive fudge.
Comparison next to a Lamy Al-Star
The Fusion Nib where you can see the 18k gold section on top of the steel (?) nib.
This one is an M nib (0.8-0.9mm according to the Delta Fusion booklet. The EF is 0.55, F 0.6-0.7, B 1.1-1.15 & Stub 1.3-1.5)
It is a rather stiff but smooth nib and appears to produce a fine-ish Medium line.
The star on the end of the cap. Taken under a different light.
And a nice flamboyant thank you note from Bryant.

Tracy Lee
August 27th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hee hee, Delta dust. :sly::) And I don't even feel bad about it! That is lovely, really lovely! I really enjoy my star fusion nib, and the whole series of these star pens are really unique and "edible" looking to coin the term from your Mrs. Perfectly accurate. Enjoy, and thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

john
August 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I appreciate Bryant will send the pens with his great thank you notes. I like it very much.
Ken your Delta star is awesome.

Bogon07
September 25th, 2013, 06:35 PM
The Writer's Bloc Blog has just posted an Introduction to Delta Pens which contains information about this Italian pen company.
Even a bit about this year's "Fusion" innovation.

http://reviews.shopwritersbloc.com/fountain-pens/introduction-to-delta-pens.html

Mags
September 29th, 2013, 09:27 AM
My son wanted this one so has a limited DC pen show purchase every 10 yr old dreams of....just kidding. It was quite expensive to get for my son but anything to get him writing more and improving his handwriting was my logic. I find the pen very dry and the medium nib behaves a bit more like a fine in my humble opinion. The barrel texture is nice and the plastercine like body colour with the pink hues is child like and modern in my opinion. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/za4ezugu.jpg

I believe it is 7/8 as he liked 7 as in 007!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Bogon07
September 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
The "plastercine like body colour" looks good in your photo. And you could match almost any colour ink to the pen.

It almost seems like the Delta equivalent of the Pelikan M620 Piccadilly Circus pen
http://www.nibs.com/PelikanM620PiccadillyCircus.htm

Bogon07
October 10th, 2013, 04:54 AM
The package from Chatterley Luxuries/Pentime arrived this week containing a Delta DolceVita Star Collection Arctic Circle with Stub nib & a Visconti Platinum WallStreet with EF nib.

The Delta is a much bigger pen than the Visconti even accounting for the camera's perpective.

Tracy Lee
October 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Those are lovely, I love the Arctic Swirl for sure. Looked at that in DC. Classic coloration, really a nice pen. And you know how I feel about Visconti so excellent choice there, too. The two pens are actually quite complimentary when sitting together. For this hemisphere it is a lovely winter selection!

KrazyIvan
October 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Impressive Delta, Bogon! :D

Bogon07
October 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
It looks like the Delta has swallowed and partially digested another Platinum WallStreet and is intending to have a second snack later.
I didn't realise how closely the striped bits matched between the pens until I placed them together.

I'm still glad I went for the silver trim and not the gold on the Arctic Swirl. Strange numbering on it 00/23 which would seem to indicate there were actually 24 pens in the edition not 23 ?
The nib on it has 'STUB' written in tiny letters along the side of the nib.

Tracy Lee
October 10th, 2013, 05:28 PM
It looks like the Delta has swallowed and partially digested another Platinum WallStreet and is intending to have a second snack later.
I didn't realise how closely the striped bits matched between the pens until I placed them together.

I'm still glad I went for the silver trim and not the gold on the Arctic Swirl. Strange numbering on it 00/23 which would seem to indicate there were actually 24 pens in the edition not 23 ?
The nib on it has 'STUB' written in tiny letters along the side of the nib.

00 is the actual original pen of that series, impressive. Better than a 01. My Delta with the rose gold is a 00.

rob
October 19th, 2013, 10:44 AM

Oh my word, such a bargain! I am struggling justifying buying one of these at the current street prices, and the stubs never seem to come up on auction!

Steph
November 13th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I got the Serena in red with a medium nib in August when Delta debuted the line at the Washington DC Pen Show. Since then, I have been patiently waiting for the blue Serena to become available in the US. I finally got one yesterday. (Thanks, Andersons!)

The Serena comes in at just over 5 inches capped, and around 4 ¾ inches uncapped. I don’t post, but if one did it would be just over 6 inches. The barrel diameter is just shy of half an inch and the section diameter is about 7/16 of an inch. It’s a mid-sized pen that feels very nimble. And what a looker this pen is! Like the red Serena, the cap and barrel have such depth and chatoyance that I find myself just sitting and spinning the pen to admire it. The dark rhodium trim complements the dark streaks in the resin. The engraved steel nib is very beautiful.

The converter is the regular push-in type, not threaded. In the red Serena I did have an issue where ink slowly seeped out of the connection, but that was correctly by just putting in a standard converter. No issue with the blue Serena so far.

The medium nib is firm – not quite a nail, but not soft or springy. You can get a little line variation with pressure, but its by no means flexy. The nib is smooth with some feedback (it is not toothy or scratchy). The medium is pretty true compared to a Visconti medium. For those who want to, writing with a reversed nib results in a finer line, and the ink flow keeps up. It’s a very reliable writer. I may lay it down on a Friday, pick it back up on Monday, and it starts up just fine. The section may appear to be short, but I find the grip comfortable and my fingers do not hit the threads (which are not sharp), nor do they slip off the section.

Overall, I am very pleased with the Serena – so much so that I got it twice!695669576958

Bogon07
November 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the review Steph.
The blue of the barrel looks to have a wonderful pearlescence and that dark rhodium trim is very handsome and refined.
The engraving on the nib seems rather fascinating.

Tracy Lee
November 13th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Delta makes excellent pens. I have looked at these and now you have me really tempted!

cwent2
November 13th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Yes, so many pens, so little money. I like the delta, but also a Edison Hudson and then there's the Lamy 2000.....

Bogon07
December 10th, 2013, 04:05 AM
This Delta Edizioni Musei Vaticani from the Vatican was one of Mrs Bogon's first Italian trip pen purchases. The pen is a dark red/maroon colour; the box has 'Rossa' written on it.
The nib has no size indicated on a Vatican logo (this looks quite stunning after dipping the pen to fill it as the ink fills out the engraving) & produces a smooth fine-medium line.
It came with a box of cartridges as well as the converter.

kaisnowbird
December 10th, 2013, 06:07 AM
What a lovely pen that is! The colour and style somehow reminds me of the Cardinals. I like the fact that it's not so oversized, and that it's not a pen one can easily find on Google.

Btw, is the nib gold? From the photo, it looks more like platinum plated than stainless steel.

Tracy Lee
December 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Kudos to Mrs Bogon on that one, such simple grace in the shape. The red is just right too, deep enough to convey a richness without just being red for red's sake. I appreciate the size comparison to a pen I know well, and actually it doesn't seem too small at all. Thanks for sharing, now I want to see the rest!!! :-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bogon07
December 11th, 2013, 02:12 PM
The picture with it next to the pistachio nougat is the truest colour of the pen. I must admit I'm really growing fond of the colour & the think black bands are a nice counterpoint.
They told Mrs Bogon you can only buy these at the Vatican Museum shop.
Kai, there is no indication of the nib material. It is rather stiff like my other Deltas and some 14K Visconti nibs (very similar looking to 14K nib on my Visconti Ashford).

kaisnowbird
December 11th, 2013, 05:31 PM

I just realised that I never browsed the Vatican Museum shop when I visited. I only saw a little room with small religious artifacts next to the St. Peter's Basilica. I must have missed the proper shop - I could just kick myself (I love museum shops)! :rant:

Bogon07
December 11th, 2013, 06:19 PM

I just realised that I never browsed the Vatican Museum shop when I visited. I only saw a little room with small religious artifacts next to the St. Peter's Basilica. I must have missed the proper shop - I could just kick myself (I love museum shops)! :rant:
There were also black Deltas too

jdivitto
December 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Wanted to share some pen porn of new acquisitions. This is the Dolce Vita Star LE. It came with a medium nib. This is #4/23. Hard to capture the green, but it is lovely.

Stunning pen. I'll need to start looking for these.

Bogon07
January 8th, 2014, 02:54 AM
A box of Deltas.

Top to Bottom:
Delta DolceVita ChatterleyPens Fusion Star Collection Italian Brown with Fusion 18K plated - M nib
Delta Stantuffo DolceVita ChatterleyPens Star Collection Arctic Swirl with 14K - stub nib
Delta Musei Vaticani -F/M nib
Delta DolceVita Oro Medium with 14K - M nib
Delta Casa della Stirografica Blue Jay Special Edition with 14K - EF nib.

oh oh there is space for just one more in the Delta box.

earthdawn
January 8th, 2014, 03:03 AM
"Delta Casa della Stirografica Blue Jay Special Edition with 14K - EF nib."

WOW ... I saw pics of that a while back !!!

Beautiful pen.

Bogon07
January 8th, 2014, 02:34 PM
"Delta Casa della Stirografica Blue Jay Special Edition with 14K - EF nib."

WOW ... I saw pics of that a while back !!!

Beautiful pen.

It is a pity there is a shadow over it. It is a stunning looking pen and I should really take some photos shows all sides of it one day to show the different blocks used in its construction.

One thing with the Delta box is the clamp used to hold the pen puts a lot of pressure on the fat piston fillers around near the ink window area. With the Italian Brown this pressure seemed to allow some ink to seep between the inner and outer parts of the ink window - not placing the pen in the clamp rectified this in a day or two.

Tracy Lee
January 8th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Bogon, I am catching up here and wow, beautiful box 'o Deltas!! And please do take another picture of Blue Jay, I am coveting it already.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Bogon07
January 8th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Bogon, I am catching up here and wow, beautiful box 'o Deltas!! And please do take another picture of Blue Jay, I am coveting it already.

As I told Kai, the Blue Jay really needs several pictures to do it justice due to the different blocks of material used in its construction.

Tracy Lee
January 8th, 2014, 06:30 PM

As I told Kai, the Blue Jay really needs several pictures to do it justice due to the different blocks of material used in its construction.

I'll wait impatiently! :)

kaisnowbird
January 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I OTOH will patiently wait for photos of each side of the blue jay. I can hear aria in my head when I look at a pen like that.

snedwos
January 9th, 2014, 06:21 AM
The Blue Jay is one of my grail pens. Because by the time I will be able to afford one it will be out of production.

Bogon07
January 9th, 2014, 02:41 PM
The Blue Jay is one of my grail pens. Because by the time I will be able to afford one it will be out of production.
They were a very small production run as you can see from the Casa della Stilografica site-
Each pen will be limited to the following:
35 BlueJay piston filling fountain pens - SOLD OUT
35 BlueJay cartridge/converter filling fountain pens
35 BlueJay Rollerballs
20 BlueJay Ballpoint pens - SOLD OUT

youstruckgold
January 9th, 2014, 04:15 PM
8601http://youstruckgold.smugmug.com/Pens/Delta-Turchese-Meraviglia/i-6FM3f4H/0/M/IMG_0387-M.jpg

Here's a pic I took some time ago of mine (that's an Australian Blue Wren on the cup).

Bogon07
January 9th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Nice photo Youstruckgold, And the PISTON version to boot. Looks like you've had something very frothy in that cup!
I think there is a BlueWren cup at home too so I might try a little bit of artistic plagiarism this weekend.

Murfie
January 10th, 2014, 07:03 PM
While we are on a blue Wren/Delta kick, I might as well throw my bit in ...

Windows Winter LE (left), Dolcevita Gallery (right).

Love the Bluejay, Bogon!

Bogon07
January 10th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Here we go again. Curse HP notepad & your crappy Radeon graphics card.:butcher:
Here is the Delta Blue Jay LE that Mrs Bogon picked up from Cassa della Stilografica whilst in Florence, Italy.
Saving heaps on shipping for the cost of an Australia-Italy round trip airline ticket :haha:
It comes in a whopping 12" x 6.5" box. Inside the pen is held in a container made of two sheets of clear plastic with some black foam sandwiched in between secured by two screws. Also included is a bottle of blue Delta ink with a BlueJay label.

A booklet in Italian/English with a page in Japanese describes the BlueJay Collection.
The nib chosen is a 14K gold EF. The pen itself is a Cartridge/Converter filler & is about 1/4" or 5mm shorter than the piston filler version. A smooth writer for an EF nib although it exhibits very little spring.

The pen is made from various coloured bars of resin.
These different coloured bars give the pen a unique aspect when rotating it. As Youstruckgold mentioned above these are Australian Blue Wrens (in this case Mr & Mrs).

Tracy Lee
January 10th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Fabulous Bogon, I will be over this weekend to try it myself!! ( she says in a jealous fog)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Bogon07
January 10th, 2014, 07:22 PM
While we are on a blue Wren/Delta kick, I might as well throw my bit in ...

Windows Winter LE (left), Dolcevita Gallery (right).

Love the Bluejay, Bogon!
Murfie, Brilliant combination. No wonder the Windows Winter LE is a staple in your pen rotation. And the Gallery ain't half bad either.

Murfie
January 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I will be over this weekend to try it myself!!
Then you will need Delta the airline!

Murfie
January 10th, 2014, 07:25 PM
No wonder the Windows Winter LE is a staple in your pen rotation. And the Gallery ain't half bad either.
They are both stuck there for the moment with no imminent signs of replacement.

cwent2
January 10th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Beautiful pens - vantastic presentation --yes I know fantastic - my sentence - my sentiments!:jaw:

kaisnowbird
January 12th, 2014, 01:10 AM
:hail: Thank you Bogon for all the close ups of the gorgeous blue jay.

Murfie
January 21st, 2014, 08:35 PM
Hi guys and gals. I've just taken delivery of a new Delta Momo Tork LE (35 of 50) and have a few shots of it with the usual high class packaging. The pen was purchased via an eBay auction where Italianpens was the seller. As it is a relatively new model I thought some of you may wish to view the images I took of it.

The pen has a steel nib. I am yet to ink it and give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the lettering from end to end in the next image, wasn't as bad in the hand as I had anticipated.

Interesting beast. Another one of those 'stealth' jobs. I'm practising sneaking around the house while wearing it ... :)

Bogon07
January 22nd, 2014, 02:55 AM
Why oh why did they have to put Momo Design all along the pen !!!!!! and ruin a lovely matte black finish. :crazy:
I suppose it is on the underside of the pen so you won't see it much when you are writing.
The satin(?) dark chrome metal bits look good and the angled grooves in the bands too. The minimalist decoration on the nib is very chic.

Are you going to do an update after a letter writing work out on its performance later ?

kaisnowbird
January 22nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Well, the Italians were never so big on minimalism. Even a stealth pen has a loud logo that confronts our senses.
Good looking clip and trim details though. Be sure to let us know how it performs. :)

KrazyIvan
January 22nd, 2014, 09:09 AM
I went to an entry level Delta. The Serena.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2821/12087515935_e510cf026b_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/12087515935/)
Delta Serena (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/12087515935/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

Murfie
January 22nd, 2014, 03:23 PM
Why oh why did they have to put Momo Design all along the pen !!!!!! and ruin a lovely matte black finish.

Actually, Bogon, it doesn't stand out much at all in the flesh. Very tactfully done. Much more noticeable in the photos.

Are you going to do an update after a letter writing work out on its performance later ?

Be sure to let us know how it performs. :)

If I get a chance later today or tomorrow I'll report back. Thanks for the interest.

Bogon07
January 22nd, 2014, 04:20 PM

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2821/12087515935_e510cf026b_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/12087515935/)
Delta Serena (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/12087515935/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

KI, what sort of nib do you go for with it ?
And will you be stubbing it later :)

KrazyIvan
January 22nd, 2014, 04:23 PM

KI, what sort of nib do you go for with it ?
And will you be stubbing it later :)

It is the medium brushed titanium coated nib. Stubbing is a possibility. We'll see.

Murfie
January 23rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Bogon07 and kaisnowbird wanted some comments on how my recent Delta Momo Tork acquistion (below) wrote, so here's a quick summary.

I picked this one up from a cheap bid thrown at it on eBay over the New Year period when buyers tend to be a bit scarcer. I didn't expect to win the auction but strange things can happen. Initially, I didn't intend to keep it but instead turn it over for a modest profit. But on arrival I was pleasantly surprised how well this pen looks, feels and performs. This is not intended as a comprehensive review, just a summary of my take on the pen.

It is well engineered, giving a typical solid well built feel as you screw the cap on and off - only 3/4 turn required to separate. The whole pen weighs 31.3gms with a full ink cartridge - but it does come with a converter. The cap itself is 13.6gms (43% of the whole pen). You wouldn't post the cap on this pen as it is big enough without and a posted cap makes everything unbalanced. Nice feel in the hand and the stepped section is more comfortable than what you would expect. The cap threads are unnoticeable while writing. Mine has a fine nib which I consider to be a genuine European fine. It has typical Delta tooth (which you could micromesh away if you wished) but it really works for me and the feedback is spot on. And unlike many steel nibs, this one is delightfully wet in the flow (circa 7+/10), which combines very well with the feedback. The ink flow is very consistent and the pen starts first time after being left overnight.

This is one good looking pen which has surprised me no end. It's a keeper.

Bogon07
January 23rd, 2014, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the review.

A very serendipitous win.
Your pen finances may have taken a hit but you've got a pen you like and that is the point of them isn't it ?

It really looks the goods when turned to its photogenic side and not the attack by etching acid tattoo side.

I sort of miss the little roller on the end of the clip.

How does the pen compare in size to a DolceVita Medium ?

Murfie
January 23rd, 2014, 08:07 PM
As per your request, good sire, here is a photo of the said pens beside each other ...

The one at top is a Dolcevita piston filler a.k.a. to Bogon07 as the "Albatross" but that would require a long explanation to everyone else so we'll leave it for the moment.

Bogon07
January 23rd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Slurp I just love that sunnyboy orange. Both pens look gorgeous you must be very happy.

Talk about fast service too.

The Momo makes the DolceVita look fat.

Murfie
January 23rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
The Momo makes the DolceVita look fat.
The closest pen to the Momo Tork in section size and hand feel is my Delta Fusion 82, if that helps at all. Yes, I am very happy with both of them.

kaisnowbird
January 25th, 2014, 06:58 AM
As per your request, good sire, here is a photo of the said pens beside each other ...

The one at top is a Dolcevita piston filler a.k.a. to Bogon07 as the "Albatross" but that would require a long explanation to everyone else so we'll leave it for the moment.

Thanks Murfie for the quick review. Like I said, I quite like the look of the clip - rather handsome IMO. It also appears to be larger than I had expected. Congratulations on another fun acquisition.

Miss Thundercat
February 26th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I was wondering about the Delta Dolcevita Mini, can the kaweco mini squeeze converter fit in there? Seeing that they both take international standard cartridges, this should work, right?

kaisnowbird
February 28th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Just stumbled across a set of the discontinued Delta Animals Collection online and I'm completely smitten.

Murfie
February 28th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Just stumbled across a set of the discontinued Delta Animals Collection online and I'm completely smitten.
So were you the one responsible for buying that set of 4 in Gary Lehrer's latest catalog?

Murfie
February 28th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I was wondering about the Delta Dolcevita Mini, can the kaweco mini squeeze converter fit in there? Seeing that they both take international standard cartridges, this should work, right?
The logic is sound so that should be OK, but I haven't got either pen to be of any help to you. There are other very small international cartridge equivalent converters if the Kaweco doesn't.

Tracy Lee
February 28th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Had to send my Stantuffo Mocha off for a broken section issue. Sent back to Yafa the distributor and it went off to Italy. Three months later it is home but these bozos packaged it in a Monteverde box. I about had a heart attack when I opened the package, imagining my Stantuffo long gone and who knows what sent instead. Thank goodness it was the right pen when I opened the sleeve in the box. I am less and less impressed with Yafa every time I have to send them something. But I am glad it is home, and I have lots of letters that need replies so it will get some good use this weekend.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/01/yhybeguj.jpg

kaisnowbird
March 1st, 2014, 05:28 AM
So were you the one responsible for buying that set of 4 in Gary Lehrer's latest catalog?

:p Busted... and so was my budget.
Don't think I'll be buying anything pen related until the end of May.

Murfie
March 1st, 2014, 02:38 PM
:p Busted... and so was my budget. Don't think I'll be buying anything pen related until the end of May.
Yo Kai! I know the feeling. I ended up taking pen 123 - another Delta DV - in the next frame to your pens, mainly due to the attraction of the 18kt EF nib. We'll both have to rein in aspirations for some time to cover this. Glad Gary only has a catalog every three months. At least we get a chance to recuperate in between.

kaisnowbird
March 1st, 2014, 03:19 PM
:p Busted... and so was my budget. Don't think I'll be buying anything pen related until the end of May.
Yo Kai! I know the feeling. I ended up taking pen 123 - another Delta DV - in the next frame to your pens, mainly due to the attraction of the 18kt EF nib. We'll both have to rein in aspirations for some time to cover this. Glad Gary only has a catalog every three months. At least we get a chance to recuperate in between.

Nice! A good deal on a true classic. I particularly admire the orange barrel on this one, the flecks seem more dramatic than average.

You see, I so often get distracted by exotic offerings that I fail to cover the essentials. Dolcevita, I'll get to you one day!

Yes, I am glad that Gary does this quarterly, but I rarely recuperate. When nothing new is out, I trawl through his older catalogs looking for gems among the leftovers. But this time I'll be out of action for a while.

Mags
March 8th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Delta pride! http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/09/8eqymaqa.jpg

Tracy Lee
March 8th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Lovely, lovely, lovely!!

da vinci
March 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM

:p Busted... and so was my budget.
Don't think I'll be buying anything pen related until the end of May.

That was a great haul Kaisnowbird, rather fancied that set myself but was far too late. Some pics when you recover from your spending spree perhaps? :D

Crazyorange
March 8th, 2014, 06:01 PM
I agree... More pics please.

kaisnowbird
March 14th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I've been very busy with work this week, and incidentally, the package has been busying around USPS sort facility in Jamaica NY for nine days! I hope this time it's on route to Sydney.

If/when they arrive safe and sound I'll post photos.

Murfie
March 15th, 2014, 07:33 PM
... the package has been busying around USPS sort facility in Jamaica NY for nine days!
And my own parcel from the same sender has been stuck at USPS Chicago for nine days so far as well. Has the U.S. postal system ground to a halt?

hari317
March 16th, 2014, 11:24 PM
IME, packages take more time to pass export controls from USA to India atleast. even express parcels have been stuck at ISC Chicago for 15days and more.

kaisnowbird
March 17th, 2014, 05:33 AM
IME, packages take more time to pass export controls from USA to India atleast. even express parcels have been stuck at ISC Chicago for 15days and more.

12 days stuck at Jamaica NY and still counting, but your tale of 15 days at Chicago, for express parcels no less, is a real shocker.

Bogon07
March 25th, 2014, 03:30 AM
The lilac/fuscia Delta Fusion82 (B) arrived yesterday. It exhibits a nice variation writing below or above the line too. The material looks very similar to that found in the Visconti Rebecca Moss Millennium pens.
Now there are six Deltas in my collection. Pity the clip doesn't match the rest of them.

youstruckgold
March 25th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Love that colour! Congrats

kaisnowbird
March 25th, 2014, 05:25 AM
My Delta arrived too. What a relief!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/25/3enumaza.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/25/9evetava.jpg

Bogon07
March 25th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Kai, they look well worth the wait.
Which one is your favourite ?

Was there also one with just the blue cap called 'Ocean' or something ?

kaisnowbird
March 25th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you. Don't have a fav yet, will have to wait until all have been inked.

The Ocean is part of the Planet collection - basically 4 same pens without the silver/vermeil stoppers. Blue ocean, golden desert, green jungle and the polar ice.

Murfie
March 25th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Hi Kai, glad to see they finally turned up. What's your take on the nibs? They were all 18kt F as I recall. The 18kt EF that came with my DV Doue needed a bit of adjustment to remedy a very dry ink flow (unusual for Delta) and it had too much tooth for mine, so I had to wave it on the micromesh as well. But now it's a real sweetie.

Murfie
March 25th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Now there are six Deltas in my collection.
Ha, still got you by one, Bogon, but I have a suspicion that you'll overtake me before very long. :)

Tracy Lee
March 25th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Very nice choice in pens! That nib looks nice and wet and just about perfect for a bold nib.

kaisnowbird
March 25th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Hi Kai, glad to see they finally turned up. What's your take on the nibs? They were all 18kt F as I recall. The 18kt EF that came with my DV Doue needed a bit of adjustment to remedy a very dry ink flow (unusual for Delta) and it had too much tooth for mine, so I had to wave it on the micromesh as well. But now it's a real sweetie.

Sorry about the over-exposed pics. Hope they didn't hurt people's eyes. :p I over adjusted the brightness (forgot that my iPhone screens are always kept rather dark).

I dip tested them and all seem pretty good. No red flags yet. Will flush them properly over the weekend and ink one up, perhaps I should use one when I write to you (pardon my delay - life gets in the way).

I seem to recall that at least one of them is an EF (overlooked by Gary L), I need to go home and check.

One thing I didn't realise was that these pens post really well, which is a thoughtful design element for such chubby pens. I also enjoy both the wide section girth and the relatively light body, which should make for comfortable long writing sessions. There are no metal bits inside, so they can potentially turn into monster-size eyedroppers. I'm happy with CC for the moment though.

gregamckinney
April 16th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I'm quite fond of Delta pens, particularly the larger/ oversize models. These have a thicker gripping section that works better for my large hands.

Here is a decent shot of my Delta/ Chatterly version of the 'Rediscovering Pompeii' pen:
http://gergyor.com/images/delta-tigerstripe-celluloid2.jpg

Here is a poor picture, but it shows several of my Deltas (Pompeii, Gallery, Delta/Chatterly OS (#2 of 2), Oro)
http://gergyor.com/images/delta2sm.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Bogon07
April 16th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Hi Gregamckinney, that is a great quartet of fat Deltas
There appears to be a common colour theme recurring so far.
Do you have different nibs in them all ?

gregamckinney
April 16th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Almost all my pens have stubs or CI's. In the case of those 4, the Oro is the only one with a factory stub. The other two are reground to my preference of a bit narrower than a factory stub width, and just a touch "sharper" (between CI and stub.)
Orange is my color (pens, shoes, car, etc.) and I like yellow a lot too.
greg

Bogon07
May 16th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Yesterday DHL successfully re-delivered a package from Italy containing a Delta Titanio Galassia.
Mr Murfie pointed out some Deltas at MarteModena a some time ago and so after some procrastination and deliberation between the Bianca & the Red versions or even a different Delta, I settled on this one.
Mrs Bogon suggested the white rings were more complementary to the silver cap rings. The white rings have a subtle grey marble patterning through them which looks really nice.
The pen comes in a fancy package of foam sandwiched between plastic/perspex and a slim box of ink cartridges. The pen had a converter installed.
The nib is a Fine Titanium nib which feels similar to Visconti's Palladium Dreamtouch nibs and produces a very generous line closer to a Delta M or even a B.

The nib is very springy without much resistance so you will have to be careful not to push it too far as SBRE Brown says in his video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ddh77RRVU

So now there are seven Deltas in the box and no more will fit. :cry:

youstruckgold
May 16th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Looks mighty fine!

raging.dragon
May 20th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Yesterday DHL successfully re-delivered a package from Italy containing a Delta Titanio Galassia.
Mr Murfie pointed out some Deltas at MarteModena a some time ago and so after some procrastination and deliberation between the Bianca & the Red versions or even a different Delta, I settled on this one.
Mrs Bogon suggested the white rings were more complementary to the silver cap rings. The white rings have a subtle grey marble patterning through them which looks really nice.
The pen comes in a fancy package of foam sandwiched between plastic/perspex and a slim box of ink cartridges. The pen had a converter installed.
The nib is a Fine Titanium nib which feels similar to Visconti's Palladium Dreamtouch nibs and produces a very generous line closer to a Delta M or even a B.

The nib is very springy without much resistance so you will have to be careful not to push it too far as SBRE Brown says in his video.

I have a turquoise celluloid Titanio with the same Titanium F nib. It's also a great writer.

Bogon07
May 21st, 2014, 04:00 PM

I have a turquoise celluloid Titanio with the same Titanium F nib. It's also a great writer.

Is it one of the Chatterley Pen's Titanio Reserve Blue LE's which look so beautiful in bluish/turquoise ?
I only noticed them after this Galassia arrived.

raging.dragon
May 22nd, 2014, 08:33 PM

Is it one of the Chatterley Pen's Titanio Reserve Blue LE's which look so beautiful in bluish/turquoise ?
I only noticed them after this Galassia arrived.

Yes, that's the one. It's my favourite Titanio variant. :)

Bogon07
June 2nd, 2014, 04:39 PM
FPN has a thread on a Delta Dolcevita with some useful reference links which could come in handy as there seem to be a bazillion different versions of them.

http://www.delta-pen.it/

http://www.hisnibs.com/dolcevita.htm

http://yafa.com/Delta_Pens.shtml

It is also worth noting Bryant of Pentime/Chatterley Luxuries has a range of Limited Edition exclusive Deltas based on the Dolcevita.
https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product-category/delta-chatterley-pens-star-collection/

Murfie
July 15th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Here's a few pics of my latest Delta - a glossy black Italiana. Excellent presentation. Plain but handsome. Screw cap with less than a full turn to remove. Converter ink fill. Wonderfully smooth steel fine nib that is a true European fine gauge. Generous ink flow. Very comfortable in the hand, feeling very similar to my Delta 82 Fusion. Definite keeper this one.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Bogon07
July 15th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Murfie, complimenti on your new Italiana, a very handsome and stylish pen. Rather more restrained than the usual Delta offerings.
It seems like a slightly more streamlined version of the Titanio, the sections look very similar but the cap has a more pronounced taper.
The perspex cover of the box looks rather interesting - does it signify anything special ?

Will you filling it with a Stipula ink :)

Kudos as usual for the great photos.

Murfie
July 15th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Will you filling it with a Stipula ink?
No, it's been dunked in Diamine Grape.

GING GING
July 31st, 2014, 05:06 PM
Great looking nibs

Murfie
September 17th, 2014, 01:55 AM
I brought my Delta The Journal with me on my recent flight from The Colonies to The Old Dart. On my arrival, I removed the cap to find the Fusion nib gold overlay had become detached from the nib. Given the amount of residual glue remaining on the steel nib, I am now somewhat dubious about claims about what happens when two different metals come in contact because in my pen's case the layer of glue would have minimised or even prevented any direct contact between the two metals.

Super glue has remedied the separation, but the event has left a rather sour taste in my mouth for any more Delta pens with Fusion nibs as the title seems oxymoronic given mine wasn't fused very well at all.

Anyone else having similar problems out there?

Tracy Lee
September 17th, 2014, 05:46 AM
I brought my Delta The Journal with me on my recent flight from The Colonies to The Old Dart. On my arrival, I removed the cap to find the Fusion nib gold overlay had become detached from the nib. Given the amount of residual glue remaining on the steel nib, I am now somewhat dubious about claims about what happens when two different metals come in contact because in my pen's case the layer of glue would have minimised or even prevented any direct contact between the two metals.

Super glue has remedied the separation, but the event has left a rather sour taste in my mouth for any more Delta pens with Fusion nibs as the title seems oxymoronic given mine wasn't fused very well at all.

Anyone else having similar problems out there?

Fusion nibs are hocus pocus and shame on Delta for wanting to charge gold nib prices for steel nibs under the guise of some metallurgic miracle that most, if not all, material engineers will tell you is hogwash. I have one, sold my other, and while it hasn't detached yet, I have known plenty of other folks who have faced this problem with great irritation. Between this and the horrific customer service for repairs (and cost, they don't seem to stand by anything) I am done with Delta for awhile. I am sorry you have been impacted.

snedwos
September 24th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I have now learnt the tragic news that the Delta I wanted has now been sold out at Chatterley. BOO. No Honey Almond for me.

Now nearly all of the ones with nice plastic are the ones with stupid fusion nibs and stupid fusion nibs are stupid.

Bogon07
September 24th, 2014, 06:40 PM
I have now learnt the tragic news that the Delta I wanted has now been sold out at Chatterley. BOO. No Honey Almond for me.

Now nearly all of the ones with nice plastic are the ones with stupid fusion nibs and stupid fusion nibs are stupid.

That was a very pretty pen.

However you could go for a Visconti Voyager or Opera with that Honey Almond acryloid (looks like a beached jellyfish if you ask me)
The Voyager is a good pen with a proper 14K nib but a cartridge filler not piston.

My Delta Fusion stub is a much better writer than my gold 14K Delta stub. But they should be cheaper as the gold shield is just an ornament it seems,

reprieve
September 25th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I'm not a fan of the fusion nibs either. But I have to admit that my one stub nib is a fantastic writer. Still, I don't think I'd buy another one. I keep thinking the gold tab is going to fall off (which would probably make it look even uglier than it already does).

Bogon07
October 13th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Today I collected a new Delta from the PostOffice after a fast trip from Martemodena in Italy (09-13October). It seems the Visconti Didgeridoo has not curtailed my pen collecting as much as I expected.
A Capri marina grande 14K-M. in a sturdier than usual Delta box along with some black? Delta ink in a Capri themed bottle.
The pen is of a rather attractive dark blue resin and the cap also has a band of light blue and one of a turquoise/aqua. The top of the cap has a square plaque replica of the time piece from Capri's main piazza. The silver band above the grip displays some waves - supposedly a classic icon from Capri.
There was also a Fusion nib version at around $30 less but I think this very smooth platinum plated gold was really worth the extra cost.
The pen takes the usual Delta cartridges and fitted with their standard converter.

youstruckgold
October 13th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Well done

Tracy Lee
October 13th, 2014, 06:13 AM
VERY NICE, Bogon. Truly lovely, especially the nib! ;-)

Scrawler
October 13th, 2014, 07:24 AM
I have a question about Delta pens. I have temporary custody of a handful of very nice pens, the like of which I am unlikely to ever get a chance to use again. I have before me a Delta, that looks exactly like the Oro Bogon07 showed in post 141. The difference is that where that is yellow, this is green. I love the Oro, but prefer the jade green marbled appearance of this pen. I have not managed to find out anything about this pen by scanning the internet. I have not found any evidence that Delta actually produced a Green Dolce Vita piston pen. This is now the second Delta I have tried. I like the oversized solidity of them. They feel like substance in the hand, without being overweight and uncomfortable to use.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/FPWriter/deltapen_zps1dd2abbb.jpg

youstruckgold
October 13th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Can't help you scrawler with the model - but I really like it!

reprieve
October 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Scrawler, it looks like the Chatterley/Delta Stantuffo Verde (https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/chatterley-pensdelta-stantuffo-verde-limited-edition-piston-filled-fountain-pen/), but yours has silver trim instead of gold trim.

Bogon07
October 13th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Scrawler, it looks like the Chatterley/Delta Stantuffo Verde (https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/chatterley-pensdelta-stantuffo-verde-limited-edition-piston-filled-fountain-pen/), but yours has silver trim instead of gold trim.
"This pen is limited to only 16 pens worldwide and has vermeil trim."
I would agree with Reprieve as Bryant of Chatterley Pens often does silver and gold(vermeil) versions of his LE pens so I would guess yours is a silver version.

Delta seems to do LE pens at the drop of a hat. A FPN topic has a nice edition of one - the Delta Seiya 1/1 (starry night in Japanese). Seiya has the body of a DolceVita medium with the barrel of blue resin from the fusion 82 and the super smooth dual tone nib of the DolceVita oversize.
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/228914-modern-pens-delta-les/?p=2964933

Scrawler
October 13th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info. I am getting to really like these Delta pens. By the way, it is actually a lot nicer than my iPhone picture shows. The depth of colour and translucence is something to behold. It almost sparkles in sunlight.

Bogon07
October 13th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I am getting to really like these Delta pens. By the way, it is actually a lot nicer than my iPhone picture shows. The depth of colour and translucence is something to behold. It almost sparkles in sunlight.

Careful you won't be able to stop at just one - especially if Tracy Lee sprinkles Delta dust in her letters. :)

Delta has some pretty spectacular acrylics and resins. You really need to hold and rotate the pens in strong light to appreciate them.

Scrawler
October 13th, 2014, 05:07 PM

Careful you won't be able to stop at just one - especially if Tracy Lee sprinkles Delta dust in her letters. :)

Delta has some pretty spectacular acrylics and resins. You really need to hold and rotate the pens in strong light to appreciate them.

No worries here. I will likely never be able to afford even one of my own. I am just privileged to be taking care of these for now, and to be able to appreciate them. I am rather curious about some of these pens I have temporary charge of, because they belong to an entirely different universe to my Esterbrooks and 1930s Watermans.

Scrawler
October 13th, 2014, 08:57 PM
So using the information you have kindly supplied, I have contacted Bryant Greer. This pen is 00/16 which makes it the prototype for the LE with vermiel furniture. So it is a pretty unique item.

Tracy Lee
October 14th, 2014, 11:02 AM
So using the information you have kindly supplied, I have contacted Bryant Greer. This pen is 00/16 which makes it the prototype for the LE with vermiel furniture. So it is a pretty unique item.

My Delta Stantuffo Mocha with Rose Gold is a prototype as well (0/18) and on its way to Australia to be a house guest with Youstruckgold. :-)

Scrawler
October 14th, 2014, 11:52 AM

My Delta Stantuffo Mocha with Rose Gold is a prototype as well (0/18) and on its way to Australia to be a house guest with Youstruckgold. :-)

Is your number 0 or 00? Bryant told me that there were two prototypes numbered 0/16 and 00/16. What amazing rarefied company I have found my self in.

Tracy Lee
October 14th, 2014, 11:55 AM
It is just as I typed it. 0/18.

Bogon07
October 14th, 2014, 04:20 PM
My Delta DolceVita Star Collection Arctic Circle with Stub nib is 00/23.

youstruckgold
October 14th, 2014, 09:23 PM
@tracy lee -/- oooooo :D

Tracy Lee
October 15th, 2014, 04:57 AM
@tracy lee -/- oooooo :D

The package is in Australia so you should have it soon!

youstruckgold
October 15th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Yippee!!

youstruckgold
October 22nd, 2014, 05:41 PM
A Delta zen on its way down under! [emoji41]

Bogon07
October 22nd, 2014, 10:27 PM
A Delta zen on its way down under! [emoji41]
Congratulations.
Is it one of these DolceVita variations ?
The cap could weigh as much as the body by the looks of it.

http://www.penboutique.com/images/Product/large/5418.jpg

youstruckgold
October 22nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Yep! It's like the pic - I'll let you know about the weight

Miss Thundercat
October 26th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Just wanted to share this family picture of the Delta Dolcevita. The oversized, undersized (is what I think it is) and mini. Only the middle one is mine, the other two belong to SBRE Brown and Azizah (Gourmetpens) We had a penmeet a little while ago and we had tried out some of each others pens, which was super fun! I was wondering what model mine was, as you can see from the nib comparison with the mini, the nib looks so different. But through Yafa site it says that the only 18k nib on a Delta Dolcevita is the undersized one. But if anyone knows anything more about the models and if you think my assumption is wrong/right, let me know.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/26/e5e7e4a4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/26/7ede6epe.jpg
Nib comparison, 14k on the mini on the left and 18k on the undersize (I think...) on the right.

youstruckgold
October 28th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Here is my little piece of Delta Zen (numbered edition):
http://youstruckgold.smugmug.com/Pens/Delta-Turchese-Meraviglia/i-nBmh3J4/0/L/IMG_2361-L.jpg
http://youstruckgold.smugmug.com/Pens/Delta-Turchese-Meraviglia/i-FNJRn5J/0/M/IMG_2360-M.jpg

and the cap is not heavy - but it also doesn't post (without falling off) which is a touch annoying! But nice to write with :)

Bogon07
October 28th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Congratulations on your new Delta Zen. It is a very attractive pen. Glad to hear the cap isn't heavy, shame it doesn't post well as you'd expect it would with the taper on the end of the barrel.
Which grade of nib did you select for it ?

I'm waiting on yet another Delta :redface: - a Papillon (14K-M) this time.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Nzk5WDEyMDA=/z/vTUAAOxyBvZTV3Bz/$_57.JPG
It has landed in Oz - now the wait for DHL to put it on a truck and deliver it.

youstruckgold
October 29th, 2014, 12:53 AM
14k m

youstruckgold
November 4th, 2014, 04:51 PM
That Papillon looks cute! What length is it? In the meantime I won this by mistake on eBay:
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/04/39c64556a04589727b3350eaa6046bfc.jpg

Bogon07
November 9th, 2014, 02:22 AM
By mistake ?
We both have the same colour rings on this one. The red were more dramatic but in the end I thought the white would look better.
The titanium nib has a lot of spring and slightly odd feel to it.

Llewellyn
November 9th, 2014, 03:13 PM

It can't be as agonising as the wait for Australia Post to get something from Melbourne to Perth. The wait is killing me :help:

Llewellyn
November 10th, 2014, 04:15 AM

It can't be as agonising as the wait for Australia Post to get something from Melbourne to Perth. The wait is killing me :help:

There was a card stuck in the door today, I can collect it at the Post Office after 10am tomorrow :) They had tried to deliver it at 9.35, which is a bummer because I only left for work at 9.27

Bogon07
November 10th, 2014, 02:44 PM

There was a card stuck in the door today, I can collect it at the Post Office after 10am tomorrow :) They had tried to deliver it at 9.35, which is a bummer because I only left for work at 9.27

Now that would be really annoying. The delivery van probably drove past you.

Is it a Delta or another Voyager this time ? :)

Llewellyn
November 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM

Neither, it's my Capuccino Van Gogh, hence my impatience and eagerness to get it in my grubby little paws

Bogon07
November 10th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Neither, it's my Capuccino Van Gogh, hence my impatience and eagerness to get it in my grubby little paws

In that case I wish you an extra speedy retrieval of your newest treasure.

VertOlive
December 16th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Here we go again. Curse HP notepad & your crappy Radeon graphics card.:butcher:
Here is the Delta Blue Jay LE that Mrs Bogon picked up from Cassa della Stilografica whilst in Florence, Italy.
Saving heaps on shipping for the cost of an Australia-Italy round trip airline ticket :haha:
It comes in a whopping 12" x 6.5" box. Inside the pen is held in a container made of two sheets of clear plastic with some black foam sandwiched in between secured by two screws. Also included is a bottle of blue Delta ink with a BlueJay label.

A booklet in Italian/English with a page in Japanese describes the BlueJay Collection.
The nib chosen is a 14K gold EF. The pen itself is a Cartridge/Converter filler & is about 1/4" or 5mm shorter than the piston filler version. A smooth writer for an EF nib although it exhibits very little spring.

The pen is made from various coloured bars of resin.
These different coloured bars give the pen a unique aspect when rotating it. As Youstruckgold mentioned above these are Australian Blue Wrens (in this case Mr & Mrs).

GRAIL!

Bogon07
January 3rd, 2015, 05:40 PM
My first arrival for 2015 & last purchase of 2014. Delta Vintage in acid green with a steel B nib. One of the smoothest I've used.
Photo from the seller, Martemodena in Italy.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NFgxNjAw/z/h1AAAOSwnDxUmElw/$_57.JPG

youstruckgold
January 3rd, 2015, 07:13 PM
I considered this one too!! Live the colour- congrats

reprieve
January 3rd, 2015, 07:42 PM
I've never seen the Delta Vintage in that acid green color. It's lovely.

Crazyorange
January 3rd, 2015, 08:09 PM
My first arrival for 2015 & last purchase of 2014. Delta Vintage in acid green with a steel B nib. One of the smoothest I've used.
Photo from the seller, Martemodena in Italy.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NFgxNjAw/z/h1AAAOSwnDxUmElw/$_57.JPG

Ooohhhh...sweet. Is it a bright green in person?

mtnbiker62
January 3rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
I looked at one of those also, but got scared off because it won't take a standard converter.

Bogon07
January 4th, 2015, 06:12 PM

Not really, it is more of a khaki colour than green & has larger areas of pearlescence so it appears paler than the seller's photo.

Mtnbiker62 - yes it only came with a cartridge. It won't take a Monteverde converter due to the screw thread.I may try the Serena converter later to see if it fits. s.

Crazyorange
January 4th, 2015, 08:18 PM

Not really, it is more of a khaki colour than green & has larger areas of pearlescence so it appears paler than the seller's photo.

Mtnbiker62 - yes it only came with a cartridge. It won't take a Monteverde converter due to the screw thread.I may try the Serena converter later to see if it fits. s.

Can you post a pic? Sounds very different than the sellers pic. Such a sleek pen...has grabbed my attention. Would love to see a pic of yours.

snedwos
January 5th, 2015, 10:08 AM
GRAIL!

Hands off, I saw it first!

Bogon07
January 5th, 2015, 03:21 PM

Can you post a pic? Sounds very different than the sellers pic. Such a sleek pen...has grabbed my attention. Would love to see a pic of yours.

Here it is at work today. The iPhone & fluro lights seem to intensity the greeness.
Capped 126mm, posted 147mm, barrel end to nib tip 113mm.
There is a small "brass ?" cylinder inside the end of the barrel which you can just make out as a tan/brown blur in the photo.
I quiet like the gold band in the cap ring - it sets off the pen rather nicely.

Crazyorange
January 5th, 2015, 04:20 PM

Here it is at work today. The iPhone & fluro lights seem to intensity the greeness.
There is a small "brass ?" cylinder inside the end of the barrel which you can just make out as a tan/brown blur in the photo.

Love it. The pen looks better in your pic. Great green color. Your pen is going on my future buy list. Thanks for posting.

youstruckgold
January 5th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Nice

Bogon07
January 6th, 2015, 03:45 AM

Love it. The pen looks better in your pic. Great green color. Your pen is going on my future buy list. Thanks for posting.
They come in a range of colours white, amber, acid green, green, blue, red & black with steel or fusion(gold/steel nibs)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-pen-DELTA-Vintage-Green-1-EF-Extra-Fine-NIB-steel-special-collect-/151534340459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234826896b
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-pen-DELTA-Vintage-Amber-1-EF-Extra-Fine-NIB-steel-special-coll-/161540862913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259c95f3c1

Tracy Lee
January 6th, 2015, 01:52 PM

They come in a range of colours white, amber, acid green, green, blue, red & black with steel or fusion(gold/steel nibs)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-pen-DELTA-Vintage-Green-1-EF-Extra-Fine-NIB-steel-special-collect-/151534340459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234826896b
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fountain-pen-DELTA-Vintage-Amber-1-EF-Extra-Fine-NIB-steel-special-coll-/161540862913?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item259c95f3c1
But don't pay extra for the Fusion. It is a steel nib with a small gold decorative piece glued on top. Any "fusion" that might could happen is pretty silly considering the glue and considering, well, actual properties of metal. At least according to my personal investigations. And they tend to come unglued. Literally. Just my two cents and experience, don't wanna slander anyone. And in the U.S. Delta customer service is awful (lots of personal experience on this) chances are very good you'll be charged full price for a repair. Stick with steel - and this pen really is a stunner!

GING GING
January 6th, 2015, 06:46 PM

But don't pay extra for the Fusion. It is a steel nib with a small gold decorative piece glued on top. Any "fusion" that might could happen is pretty silly considering the glue and considering, well, actual properties of metal. At least according to my personal investigations. And they tend to come unglued. Literally. Just my two cents and experience, don't wanna slander anyone. And in the U.S. Delta customer service is awful (lots of personal experience on this) chances are very good you'll be charged full price for a repair. Stick with steel - and this pen really is a stunner!

Tracy lee. Thank you for pointing this out. Saying that they have glued a piece of gold to a piece of steel, is not slander; its fact. Also, this pairing of metals does absolutely nothing to improve its writing. I have to chuckle when I see the occasional reviewer say how awesome the fusion nib is.

Crazyorange
January 6th, 2015, 06:49 PM
Glue a nib? Huh? Not welded together? That's weird. I'll be avoiding that fusion nib.

GING GING
January 6th, 2015, 07:37 PM
That's a smart move. Gluing a piece of gold to a piece of steel and calling it a fusion nib is,,, probably just an honest mistake.

Bogon07
January 6th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Yep, fellow FPGer Murfie had one of his gold Fusion shields/plates come off and said it was held on by a thick blob of glue.
The gold and steel are not in direct contact which makes you suspicious of the thermal properties Delta claims for the Fusion nib.

The Fusion nib looks rather snazzy but you are paying atleast an extra $50USD for it.
If you have an extremely vivid imagination you may be able convince yourself the Fusion nibs are very marginally smoother than the standard Delta steel ones - I think they could be polished/finished a tiny bit more care.
I have a Fusion stub which is great & better than the Delta gold stub I have....these are the only two Delta stubs I have so take that with a grain of salt.

GING GING
January 6th, 2015, 08:08 PM
Now I'm really confused because Dan has spoken very highly of the fusion nib.

VertOlive
January 6th, 2015, 08:19 PM
My new Oro has the fusion nib. After reading about it here, I figured they weren't well received, and that is why my price was so low. I took a chance and so far, so good. It feels the same as my Dolce Vita with the steel nib.

reprieve
January 7th, 2015, 05:43 AM
I have a fusion stub nib. It's very smooth and is a fantastic writer with a good bit of line variation. But I don't buy the hype from Delta and am wary of the little gold tab eventually falling off. I wouldn't buy another one, but, at least so far, I don't begrudge the one I do have.

Bogon07
January 7th, 2015, 02:34 PM
A selection of Delta nibs
Papillion - 14K M
Vintage - steel B
Fusian82 - fusion 18K B
Serena - steel F
DolceVita - 14K F or M (I can't remember)

The first two pens have smaller nibs and the Vintage is also offered with a Fusion nib.
The vendor photos seem to indicate it could be the bigger nib like the Fusion82's. In fact they both have very similar grip sections with only a slight difference in the curvature of the flair/rim.

Tracy Lee
January 7th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I have a fusion stub nib. It's very smooth and is a fantastic writer with a good bit of line variation. But I don't buy the hype from Delta and am wary of the little gold tab eventually falling off. I wouldn't buy another one, but, at least so far, I don't begrudge the one I do have.
I feel the same way. It's a good steel nib.

Tracy Lee
January 7th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Papillion - 14K M
Vintage - steel B
Fusian82 - fusion 18K B
Serena - steel F

The first two pens have smaller nibs and the Vintage is also offered with a Fusion nib.
The vendor photos seem to indicate it could be the bigger nib like the Fusion82's. In fact they both have very similar grip sections with only a slight difference in the curvature of the flair/rim.
Love how fat the Dolce Vita is. I LOVE these pens. Mine has an 18k nib that is fantastic and I bought a second one (nib) last year just in case. They don't make it anymore.

Bogon07
January 8th, 2015, 02:56 AM
Papillion - 14K M
Vintage - steel B
Fusian82 - fusion 18K B
Serena - steel F

Love how fat the Dolce Vita is. I LOVE these pens. Mine has an 18k nib that is fantastic and I bought a second one (nib) last year just in case. They don't make it anymore.

But seeing it next to the other Deltas make me think it could use a slightly larger nib more in proportion to the pen.

Tracy Lee
January 8th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I think the nib on my oversized DolceVita is an 8. Look at it compared to the Visconti Florentine Hills, for example. Like a giant!!

youstruckgold
January 8th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I have to say, I really do love the Dolce Vita but have held back from buying one because I can't decided on the oro or the orig. (PS. just love the cap closure system on the Visconti HS)

VertOlive
January 8th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I have to say, I really do love the Dolce Vita but have held back from buying one because I can't decided on the oro or the orig. (PS. just love the cap closure system on the Visconti HS)

The both of them seem so right together sitting side by side on my journal.

ilangai
March 6th, 2015, 01:29 AM
So.. It is only a few days I got this Delta The Journal Tech&Web in Marbled Gray and B nib, and it is already reached my Top 5.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/06/8b5963a5c463ad8407e7f84895c82cad.jpg
Even though the nib is steel, it is smooth, wet just enough, and not drying out on me even after uncapped for few minutes.
What is puzzling me, is the fact I don't find anything about this specific version anywhere. When I look at the Delta website I can find The Journal only when the site is in Italian, and even than the Clip is different and there is no mention for Tech&Web.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/06/f070516bb13b9dfd380ac04017302772.jpg
Notice above the Delta logo on the back of the cap it says Tech&Web (sorry for the poor macro), and on the version showed on the Delta website it says The Journal.
Also, the clip is different. On the Delta website it is more classic with ball at the edge of the clip, and the Tech&Web has a more clean modern styling.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/06/b8e882e979ab3aba60d3165cf422d353.jpg
On the nib it says The Journal, just like on the website.. And the packaging is the same.
Does anyone knows and can share a light on what is the Tech&Web theme?!

ilangai
March 6th, 2015, 11:32 AM
OK, found it.. Just a special release for the italian store MarteModena (http://www.martemodena.com/shop/).

youstruckgold
March 6th, 2015, 05:19 PM
I have finally decided and loving the outcome!
http://youstruckgold.smugmug.com/Pens/Delta-Turchese-Meraviglia/i-6qMndmG/0/L/IMG_3071-L.jpg

Ste_S
March 9th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Bought a Unica a month or so back and like it.

I'd like to try another offering from Delta, any recommendations ? Will probably be another steel nibbed pen, and be in the price range of the Virtuosa, Capri Night/Day and the above Journal Tech/Web.

Ste_S
March 30th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I picked up "The Journal Tech and Web" and It's a really nice pen. Nib is very smooth and wet. The acrylic on the version I have (red and green) is lovely, and reminds me of a vintage Mabie Todd Swan I have.

The hidden converter is a bit pointless though. There's no ink window, so I'm unscrewing the barrel to look at the converter when filling and to check ink level.