PDA

View Full Version : Great Experience with Rick Krantz

Pensfan
May 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM
I have dealt with Rick in the past, and again recently and every time he is a wonderful guy to work with. He worked wit me to both find the P51 I wanted as well as getting me guts for another P51 to fit in a custom body/hood I had from another outlet.

Rick is a great guy and a fantastic dealer to work with.

:)

jar
May 31st, 2013, 03:05 PM
Yup, one of the good guys.

Jon Szanto
May 31st, 2013, 03:32 PM
Indeed. He not only has the goods, he deals with everyone fairly, and he has a very good spirit with regard to the entire pen and community experience. Good to have people like Rick around!

jor412
May 31st, 2013, 04:38 PM
I've also purchased pens from Rick. He's really good to deal with. Smooth, fast transaction.

Poeticnook
October 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Got 3 vintage pens from Rick, great guy to deal with!

cwent2
October 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Yes, I also have had great buying experiences buying from Rick!

Mags
October 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I purchased a MB 146 and a Pelikan M1000 from Rick. He was and is wonderful and having met him in DC was very helpful for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mesu
October 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Multiple pens purchased from him and couldnt be happier.

Rick Krantz
October 26th, 2013, 07:08 PM
thank you for all of the positive feedback everyone. I certainly am thankful to hear happy remarks. I try to simply offer pens back to the community at reasonable prices, and include a warranty with what I offer. With postal problems and a most recent issue with the new silicone ink sacs, I certainly appreciate the understanding that seems to come with the many that have patronized my sales over the course of the last few years. I do this as a hobby, and this alone is what makes it most worthwhile.

thanks again everyone

earthdawn
October 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM
thank you for all of the positive feedback everyone. I certainly am thankful to hear happy remarks. I try to simply offer pens back to the community at reasonable prices, and include a warranty with what I offer. With postal problems and a most recent issue with the new silicone ink sacs, I certainly appreciate the understanding that seems to come with the many that have patronized my sales over the course of the last few years. I do this as a hobby, and this alone is what makes it most worthwhile.

thanks again everyone

I too got a great pen a year or so ago, a small Sheaffer.

I love that you go and get pens that need a little TLC and rehab work. Instead of these pens getting tossed we have someone who gets these great gems back in working order and back into use!

Best of all Rick puts them out there at prices for everyone.

Ill say right here to Rick, Thank you for offering tray after tray of pens that any level of collector or student or newbie can enjoy. Your hard work and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Jon Szanto
October 26th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Ill say right here to Rick, Thank you for offering tray after tray of pens that any level of collector or student or newbie can enjoy. Your hard work and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Boom with a bullet. Rick is a great asset to the pen world.

Lady Onogaro
April 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM
I bought my first Parker 45 from Rick. It was a beautiful example, very clean and polished, and it writes like a dream. It was a very reasonable price. I wanted to try a vintage pen, and this was my first. Because of my good experience with him, I have just ordered an Esterbrook J from him (my first Esterbrook, too). I am looking forward to receiving it.

Tony Rex
December 6th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Fantastic individual. I can say unreservedly, Mr Krantz is among the best dealers I've dealt with.

Even to them I would hesitate paying without paypal, but if Charles is the seller, I'll pay with square no worries.

manoeuver
December 6th, 2014, 01:50 PM
No one else has mentioned it, so I will. Rick is also very tall.

Neo
December 6th, 2014, 01:52 PM

He's a great guy, but why does being tall matter? :confused:

Hawk
December 9th, 2014, 10:07 PM

I like to look people in the eye. Being 6-4 I reluctantly have to look down on some people. Ask my wife. Rick is a good seller.

Rick Krantz
December 10th, 2014, 03:29 PM

I like to look people in the eye. Being 6-4 I reluctantly have to look down on some people. Ask my wife. Rick is a good seller.

I'm 6"7"....

sad, no one mentioned I was good looking too...... lol

Hawk
December 10th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I guess I have to look up to Rick.

Neo
December 10th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I guess I have to look up to Rick.

Me too...

Rick Krantz
December 10th, 2014, 08:28 PM
actually, I lied, I am really 6' 6 3/4"

manoeuver
December 11th, 2014, 09:43 AM

Who said it mattered?

welch
June 5th, 2020, 12:21 PM
I must have missed this thread when it began, so:

Rick Krantz is among the best people I have bought from. He sold me a Parker 75 "thick feed", perfect in every way except that it had a fine nib rather than the medium I had ordered. Contact Rick and he instantly sent the right nib, writing, "Ouch! That was an accident. Here's the right nib".

Selling is more than, elusively, being perfect. Nobody gets something right the first time 100% of the time. It is correcting a mistake immediately. That is Rick Krantz: the best.

carlos.q
June 5th, 2020, 12:25 PM
I bought a very nice Parker 51 from him about 7 years ago. Where is he selling nowadays?

manoeuver
June 5th, 2020, 04:39 PM
yeah, haven't seen Rick in quite some time.

Frank
June 7th, 2020, 03:49 PM
Saw Rick at the Philly Pen Show this past January! He looked great- lost weight! I believe he had a table there among the vintage guys!

Frank

manoeuver
June 7th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Saw Rick at the Philly Pen Show this past January! He looked great- lost weight! I believe he had a table there among the vintage guys!

Frankthanks Frank, good news.

Ray-VIgo
June 11th, 2020, 07:04 AM
Rick is a good guy. I've bought several pens from him over the years, but nothing recently. I haven't seen any of his vintage pen trays online in awhile. He always had good pens at reasonable prices, and he had some interesting stuff. The blue stripe Skyline set I got from him awhile back is still a favorite of mine. I got it from him at the DC Show back when the show was in Tyson's Corner.

FredRydr
June 11th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Rick and I have been partnering on a dozen or more reasonably-priced pens since February, most of which I sell here.

Jon Szanto
June 11th, 2020, 10:49 AM
I got things early in my time, the start into Esterbrooks, and beyond basic sales, he really helped out a couple of times with some odd parts and items to finish projects on my end. Great fellow, pens and otherwise.