PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Conid, Sailor

gylyf
June 26th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Hi, everyone. The cull continues. For sale are the following:

1) SOLD Conid Minimalistica Monarch: special edition made for Fontoplumo. B steel nib. The pen will come with spare black Delrin ends, two Flexible Nib Factory housings (one Sailor, one Pilot), and all tools and papers. $475 shipped within the US.

2) Sailor PG Ivory: fitted with a Naginata-togi ground by Dan Smith from a Z nib. Comes with box and converter. $230.

3) SOLD Sailor PG: frankenpen fitted with a ruthenium-coated H-F nib. No box, but will come with a converter. $125.

I accept PayPal G&S, Apple Cash, or Zelle. I'll ship internationally, at cost. Thanks so much for looking!

VA Jay
June 30th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Pm sent

gylyf
July 2nd, 2019, 05:52 AM
Bump: Ivory reduced to $220.

VA Jay
July 7th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Big thanks to gylyf for the fast shipping and excellent product. Highly recommended!

Annamarsc
October 31st, 2019, 08:12 PM
Question, if the Sailor nib was a zoom nib, ground by Dan Smith, would it be considered more of and architect nib? The tines on a Naginata Togi Nib tend to be elongated. It does not appear the nib has been modified in such a way. Thanks.

gylyf
November 1st, 2019, 10:29 AM
Question, if the Sailor nib was a zoom nib, ground by Dan Smith, would it be considered more of and architect nib? The tines on a Naginata Togi Nib tend to be elongated. It does not appear the nib has been modified in such a way. Thanks.

I asked Dan for a NT-like grind, hence my referring to it as such. You're correct that it doesn't have the elongated tines of a real NT. However, it's also not nearly as sharp as a typical architect. Please note, also, that the pen has been sold - my apologies for not updating the thread sooner!