PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Sheaffer Imperial, etc, to house Short Conical Nib

checkrail
June 2nd, 2013, 12:48 AM
Recently I acquired a Triumph short conical PdAg italic threaded nib. I am seeking a pen needing a nib, preferably, to which it could be fitted. Any help would be gratefully received.
Regards
Timothy

whych
June 3rd, 2013, 10:39 PM
There were quite a few pen models with conical nibs, all different. See if you can find out exactly which model you are looking for. (Pic if possible)
Alternately, but not the best, post a pic of the nib with the dimensions of the nib written in.

checkrail
June 4th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Thank you, Whych. It was identified to me by the seller somewhat vaguely as an Imperial, but later by someone very knowledgeable as a Stylist. The thread on the section is destroyed and will never secure the nib again.

whych
June 4th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Thank you, Whych. It was identified to me by the seller somewhat vaguely as an Imperial, but later by someone very knowledgeable as a Stylist. The thread on the section is destroyed and will never secure the nib again.
That seems to be a problem with most of them - I have 3 all in various states of disrepair.
How much of the pen have you got and where are you?

checkrail
June 4th, 2013, 03:47 AM
That seems to be a problem with most of them - I have 3 all in various states of disrepair.
How much of the pen have you got and where are you?

Well, I have all of it really. The feed was totally blocked too, but that has been pretty well cleared, I think, by someone who knows what he is doing, though it was impossible to test it because the heroic attempt to reattach the nib to the section gave way pretty well immediately and clearly was a basket case for any further try. I am pretty well at the resacking-is-my-limit stage of pen repair myself and I have read in a thread, on FPB I think, that seating a Triumph nib properly is an advanced job. I was planning to get the job done by someone with the skills I do not have, but I also don't know how to identify what might be a technically suitable vehicle for the nib either. I am in Dumfriesshire in the south of Scotland.
Regards
Timothy