PDA

View Full Version : Boxes for Pen Storage Projec

cwent2
June 2nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I was inspired by the work of my63 and the thread Boxes for Pen Storage - I contacted him and he provided me with some tips and help to make my own pen storage box. He also suggested I share the results with the Forum in hopes that it may inspire other's.

I am not a wood worker, Thou my last name is Wood I never had the patience for a wood project till now. I hope this is useful as Dr Stephen Brown would say!

MY63
June 2nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Thank you for the compliments I was more than happy to help you in a small way to create an excellent storage box for your pen collection.

KrazyIvan
June 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Very nice Carl.

OakIris
June 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
That turned out very nicely indeed, cwent2! It looks to me as if you did a fine job, and I bet you had fun making it, too. :)

Holly

cwent2
June 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
That turned out very nicely indeed, cwent2! It looks to me as if you did a fine job, and I bet you had fun making it, too. :)

Holly

Thank you Holly - yes it was fun most of the time - frustrating some of the time - like I said my last name is wood and that was as far as my wood working talents went until this project - still not completely done yet as my son is going to scroll saw a square and compass to affix to the top of the box. Yes I am a Freemason.

Cwood

john
June 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Very nice box:)

OakIris
July 2nd, 2013, 07:41 AM

Holly

Thank you Holly - yes it was fun most of the time - frustrating some of the time - like I said my last name is wood and that was as far as my wood working talents went until this project - still not completely done yet as my son is going to scroll saw a square and compass to affix to the top of the box. Yes I am a Freemason.

Cwood

You did a great job - especially for your first try! My woodworking "abilities" are about nil; I can repurpose a box for pen storage but have yet to try to make one from scratch, so I love seeing projects like this. I look forward to seeing more photos when the box is complete, and with pens in place as well. :thumb:

Holly

cwent2
July 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM

Musinkman
July 11th, 2013, 01:18 AM
That's pretty cool bro! Great idea to double-up on the cove molding to make a pen channel.
Oak made a really nice box. Nice work.