PDA

View Full Version : The pens that connect us

BlkWhiteFilmPix
July 2nd, 2019, 12:45 PM
George, my friend and fellow photographer, would have been 97 today. He carried two Montblanc pens.

While I did too, we didn't talk about pens, so I didn't think about them again until after I had an 11 x 14 print made for an exhibit.

The print is a reminder to me to slow down, notice things, and talk about what we have in common.

penwash
July 2nd, 2019, 04:31 PM
I should have picked it up from your username, but glad to make an acquaintance of another B&W photographer. :)

I self-taught myself all about film and vintage photography around 2006 and went headlong into the rabbit hole, B&W film and darkroom printing being my favorite. And the irony is, I wouldn't be here talking to fellow FPGeeks if I didn't see a thread about fountain pens a few years ago on the photo forum that I frequented.

So, cheers to photographer and pen lovers of the world. We are lucky to find another soul that we can connect to via one hobby, but it's extra special when you find one with two.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48122335538_630c869b04_c.jpg

No one in my circle of family and friends can appreciate the above photo, because it doesn't fit their expectation of a photo taken on a colorful and sunny, wildberry-picking day at a local farm. :)

pajaro
July 2nd, 2019, 05:55 PM
Do pens connect you?

Robert
July 2nd, 2019, 06:29 PM
*The print is a reminder to me to slow down, notice things, and talk about what we have in common.*

Wise words, indeed.

azkid
July 2nd, 2019, 10:44 PM
All things in common can connect us. I suppose our differences should as well.

BlkWhiteFilmPix
July 3rd, 2019, 08:05 AM
Nice use of light and lines.

Thanks for sharing the photo, and your thoughts.