PDA

View Full Version : Some help please – Parker 61 Mk III Custom Cap with a Parker date code

proteus
July 6th, 2019, 12:15 PM
I have always thought , aside from the Cloud series, no Mk III Custom Caps ( Newhaven RG with RG jewel ) were ever code dated.

They were produced to 1982.

Perhaps I have missed something, anyone have one, seen one , heard of one ?

Was told of one, I do not have it yet or any photography.

I recall that the factory at Meru, France may have made some with code dates, but this one is Newhaven made.

Any comments please.

proteus
July 7th, 2019, 01:46 PM
After a day with 39 views I am guessing it is unusual, possibly rare.

Perhaps I will need to expand the question.

Has anyone got any Parker 61 Mk III ( USA / ENGLAND / FRANCE ) with a ' QUALITY PEN ' Parker date on the cap band.

To my knowledge, the first pen dated using this method was NL ( 3Q 1979 ) & NI ( 4Q 1979 ), all Arrow Park pens.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated ( photography would be even better )

Many Thanks

azkid
July 8th, 2019, 08:44 AM
To be honest, I read the words but I'm not sure what they all mean when you put them together :)

proteus
July 8th, 2019, 02:51 PM
azkid,

A great many thanks for your comment.

You are of course correct.

It was ' tech speak ' , was addressing 4 particular members who would understand it.

Unfortunately none have replied, guess they are busy or just not interested.

3Q means 3rd quarter of a year - July to September ( Arrow Park is the postal address for Parker Janesville Factory, USA )

Can post a chart of the date codes that Parker used from 1979, almost all pens ( USA ENGLAND FRANCE ) have them printed on the cap band.

Or ,of course, another member can

proteus
July 9th, 2019, 01:10 PM
I believe today with alot of help from other UK Parker pen collectors I have now resolved this question.

Parker 61 Mk III cap bands were never date code stamped.

It was a P51 Mk III cap dated 1981 - you have too smile, odd but true.
Most think that P51 production at Newhaven ceased in 1973 - 76

Many thanks.