PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria Pens & Pipes - Raden Negoro

Manupropria
July 8th, 2019, 08:07 AM
It's a while since I have posted in this forum.

Today I have finished a pair of Fountan Pen and Smoking Pipe with "Raden Negoro" Urushi Lacquer.
Traditional Negoro Lacquer with additionally applied pieces of sparkling Abalone Shell.
Best regards,

Martin

azkid
July 8th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Sometimes I see abstract art which which elicits the most deeply visceral appeal—the patterns, contrasts, textures, shapes, and colors delivering a sense of enjoyment that soaks into the very bones and nerves and fibers of my being.

My mind, in such cases, utterly fails to conjure logical explanation for my reaction; the art speaks to me on an emitely separate plane.

This pen is one of those rare pieces of art for me. You have outdone yourself, Martin. I am in absolute awe.

Manupropria
July 8th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Thank you for your encouraging comment. Unfortunally the sparkling effect of the polished Abalone parts cannot be captured properly in a picture

RWS
July 8th, 2019, 01:17 PM
They really are beautiful.

Does anybody remember the matching tie & hanky boxed sets we used to get for Christmas? Now a matching pen & pipe is something else.

dms
July 12th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Stunning material! Just wow!

Scrawler
July 13th, 2019, 02:31 PM
They really are beautiful.

Does anybody remember the matching tie & hanky boxed sets we used to get for Christmas? Now a matching pen & pipe is something else.

There is a time when this would have suited me just fine.