PDA

View Full Version : Made this pen for my sisters 40th, let me know what you think.

Security_Man2k
July 14th, 2019, 04:15 AM
So it was her birthday and I made her this pen. It has a satin black section and a black bock #6 nib that i bought in (I am only just learning to make my own sections), and was given to her loaded with Diamine Onyx Black ink. She likes black, a lot.

https://i.imgur.com/csap1SO.jpg

SIR
July 14th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Smart!

I have just been looking at your pen-making website and think you have not only a lot of talent and 'potential' (please excuse the term, i am positively amazed at how good your examples are considering only six months experience), but also you have a definite eye for style.

Security_Man2k
July 14th, 2019, 07:31 AM
Thank you very much! :) Everyone has been saying i have 'found my talent' with this. I am looking to get my own lathe soon now too, i have been using a very old one at the moment which has a few things which don't work and/or need repairing on it. I think that will help when it comes to using a newer lathe.

Sagebrush64
July 14th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Sir,
That is a sharp looking pen....if she does not want it....I'll take it :-). All kidding aside, keep up the good work and looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

Security_Man2k
July 14th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Thank you very much. On a total separate note your location jumped out at me, Puget sound is near Seattle isn't it? I play a lot of a game called shadowrun which is based around that area as its prime setting. :)

azkid
July 14th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Such a fantastic, understated design. Just brilliant.

ms8109
July 14th, 2019, 07:15 PM
Hi, nice looking pen. What is
The color called? 6 months? Your on track to do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrissy
July 15th, 2019, 12:40 AM
Excellent. Good job. :applause:

Sagebrush64
July 15th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Thank you very much. On a total separate note your location jumped out at me, Puget sound is near Seattle isn't it? I play a lot of a game called shadowrun which is based around that area as its prime setting. :)

Yes, I live across Puget Sound from Seattle in Kitsap County

Security_Man2k
July 15th, 2019, 11:51 AM
Hi, nice looking pen. What is
The color called? 6 months? Your on track to do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The colour is called Black mother of pearl (https://www.beaufortink.co.uk/pen-blanks/kirinite-pearl-series-pen-blanks/kirinite-black-mother-of-pearl-pen-blank) it's a very nice material to work with. and yes 6 months ish, I started using a lathe 23 weeks ago for about 6 hours a week. Thank you :)

Security_Man2k
July 15th, 2019, 11:52 AM

Yes, I live across Puget Sound from Seattle in Kitsap County

Cool, i might have to pick your brains next time i run a game based around that area if that is ok? Probably won't be for a while i don't have a lot of time these days.